Thread: how to oil 775

Hybrid View

RC Competitor

how to oil 775

how do you clean and oil the motor,did a search and even utube and didnt see an thing,just would like to do it

RC Qualifier
    i just spray motor cleaner into the can and let the fluid drain out carrying the dirt, dust....

then put a drop of oil on the ends

RC Qualifier
    I don't know. I sprayed mine out with aerosol electronics cleaner and put triflow on the ends and mine lasted like 2 months a piece.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Qualifier
    RC electric motor cleaner. Spray until liquid coming out of motor is clean. Let evaporate or blow dry with compressed air. Lube bushings on both ends of the can with 3in1 oil or similar light weight oil.

You need to be careful using contact cleaner, some aren't good for plastic...I don't get why as plastic is a great insulator and used in a lot of electronics...but such is life. Read the label.

FM, lack of lube and heat are the biggest enemies of a brushed motor.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by happymachinist View Post
    RC electric motor cleaner. Spray until liquid coming out of motor is clean. Let evaporate or blow dry with compressed air. Lube bushings on both ends of the can with 3in1 oil or similar light weight oil.

You need to be careful using contact cleaner, some aren't good for plastic...I don't get why as plastic is a great insulator and used in a lot of electronics...but such is life. Read the label.

FM, lack of lube and heat are the biggest enemies of a brushed motor.

Eh, i dont think lack of lube is an issue with the 775. I see alot of them fail at the brushes/commutator, which doesnt require lube.

RC Qualifier
    A lack of lube certainly wouldn't help matters. The 775 may have brush and commutator shortcomings that cause failure before the bushings, however, lubed bushings are more efficient than dry.

The more efficiently your motor spins the less current required to turn it at any given speed. Wich leads to less strain and heat...heat that could damage a comm or brushes.

Buuuut over lubricating isn't good either. It can attract excess dirt and debris wich could also cause premature failure of brushes and comm...you need to find a happy medium.

Motor cleaner will remove any lubrication it comes in contact with. After cleaning lube is a must...just don't go crazy.

RC Qualifier
    I was told my a electric motor shop, that the oil impregnated bushings don't require lube. I think the 775 prob has a problem with heat. I'll bet a heatsink would extend the life of them.