QUICK TIP: How to add weight to the front of your summit - (for better crawling)

A quick, simple and easy way to add weight (and the ability to quickly adjust them) to the front of your summit.

drill two small holes into the axle carriers, taking care not to hit the center axle nor the arm screws.

make weighted metal plates, drill holes into them to match the holes in the axle carrires. (MEASURE TWICE, DRILL ONCE)

screw the plates onto the axle carriers

You can stack the plates up or use different thickness plates to get the weight you desire. Easy to change weights (or remove them for bashing) and since the weight is not on the wheel there is no need to balance the wheels. Just be certain the left weight matches the right weight. Also beware that the axle carries are slighlty curved, anticipate and adapt. Use long screws for a secure hold.

I cannot take credit for this, saw the original on RC Crawler by a member named "MonsterZ". I just embellished the concept and added some hot sauce.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxx...e-weights.html
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC poster
    Great idea. Still "unsprung weight" and much easier to adjust than weights in the wheels. I added 18 oz stick on weights on the inside of each front wheel. It really keeps the front end planted on extreme angles...requires a stout steering servo though...

RC poster
    What wheel hubs are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by heggie View Post
    What wheel hubs are you using?
    23mm extra long. With the extra long hub I placed a second nut behind the wheel (blu loc tite) so wide wheels wont rub my A arms. Also no slop.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

I like it.
    somewhat limited by space but how much you guess you could get on each side.i could add more to mine try it out.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

18oz per wheel!!!!! Wow that must stay planted big time.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    There was room for six of the 3 oz mag wheel weights on the Axials. I wrapped with tape to keep the in place. I wouldn't advise doing this if your going to bash but for crawling in the rocks it works very well.