RC Qualifier

Traxxas pulls through again!

Just called Traxxas to get a word on my QR-1 and what the repair times were looking like. I sent it in due to a faulty motor that popped out of the canister. I sent in my number and all that was happening with it and asked about getting some new blades (which I expected to pay for). Well as I'm speaking with repair, I find out they had just completed the repair, replaced 3 of the motors because they said they were faulty, broken etc... and replaced my blades because they were nicked. Total cost with labor- $35.00 Total cost I paid - $0.00. Absolutely in shock. They received it on monday, got it repaired today, will ship tomorrow, and because I'm a short 4 hours away, it should be to me by Friday. This is just one of the main reasons I highly doubt I will go with another company for any RC vehicles for me or my children. Thanks Traxxas.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by c.greer View Post
    This is just one of the main reasons I highly doubt I will go with another company for any RC vehicles for me or my children. Thanks Traxxas.
    Ditto! My Traxxas collection keeps growing, 11 total, including a QR-1, and the main reason is their customer service. My boy can break 'em as fast as I can fix 'em, and I haven't paid a cent for a replacement part from Traxxas! Thanks Traxxas!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Competitor
    Yeah. They are really good. My motor and esc went out and they replaced in less than a week with know questions asked. Once again THANKS TRAXXAS

RC poster
    As much as i like the traxxas services, i know a guy at my local R/C shop who not only repairs my stuff for free, but teaches me how to do it on my own. That would be nice if they made a good long set of tutorials for people on how to do DIY repairs.

RC Qualifier
    For the QR-1 they honestly have everything you need besides installing a new motor and soldering it but that's pretty self explanatory. Only thing I would say might be helpful, would be a video for shimming diffs or doing differential work on their cars and trucks

RC Qualifier
    Glad you all have had good luck with this. Mine broke and I was told to order parts whenever they became available.

I found parts that work just fine, but it bothers me how many other people might have been a told something similar and didn't have the means and knowledge to fix it.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah what worried me was having to solder such small parts and take it apart as well. One small mess up, and you've got to buy a new one. So for $1.81 shipping, I won't complain sending it in

RC Qualifier
    Taking it apart is easy, 5 total screws. It's the soldering you have to watch. High magnification helps, and my eyes aren't the best anyway was a necessity for me. But very doable, I soldered all 4 motors back on and tested it out and it flies great.

RC Enthusiast
    I agree with doc and was told the same thing by traxxas I didnt mind soldering the motors I just needed the motors. It was 2 weeks wait on the first motor and almost 4weeks wait on the second

RC Qualifier
    Makes sense. I have only soldered Traxxas plugs before so my soldering skills aren't that great

RC poster
    I could not agree more about Traxxas customer service. I got a qr 1 for Christmas that had issues from the beginning. Rather than repairing it, Traxxas sent me a brand new one. This is why I continually buy Traxxas products. They definitely stand by their products and customers!

RC Qualifier
    well........ It's now officially been 8 days since the QR-1 was repaired and it still has not left their factory. I'm sort of confused. They repair it within 48 hours of receiving it (installing 3 motors and all new blades) and then it sits in the factory for 8 days? I was hoping to have it by this long 3 day weekend so I could up my flying experience. Looks like I'm going to have to wait till at least tuesday before I even get it in the mail. This isn't like Traxxas
    Just can't get enough....

RC Racer
    well had my qr1 for 1 day, flew it at the lhs where i bought it, 2nd pack it would screech and fall out of the air. motor would stick and i would have to work it free by rotating it by hand. did this a few times and noticed oil coming out of the top of the motor. so now i get to wait xweeks till i get a replacement motor. really should have bought a 1sq. it isnt so good for us that have to wait weeks on and pay shipping for a day old product. they could have atleast installed decent motors for charging double the price of the x4. not pleased.

RC poster
    I sent mt qr1 in because of a faulty board on the quad it wouldnt bind with transmitter so they sent me a brand new one with another charger and batterys , sweet huh, it gets better , out flyn today and broke a motor , called traxxas parts dept and he told he is sending me a new motor free of charge have it in a week , traxxas rocks!!!!!!!!