RC Enthusiast

Ground Clearance 2.83" -- Really, how?

I recently bought 3 slashes, and though Traxxas states there's 2.83" of ground clearance I don't see how they can state that. Right out of the box, there's barely over 1" of ground clearance under the front center section. I thought maybe the suspension needed to be tightened up a bit so I added a few spacers to the springs that came with the trucks but the instructions state to set the suspension so the A arms are parrallel. So anyway I'm curious how they can state there's 2.83" of ground clearance, as the 3 (6808) models I just bought don't have near that.

We already have a backyard track setup, so me and my boys have a nightly race session going on. Any recommendations on how many spacer clips to add, oil wt to change to, different springs, or just completely change the shocks and springs all together. As it seems like the front and rear wheels are hitting the truck body periodically so would like to eliminate that too.

RC Champion
    Probably with the shocks raised up higher and I think they measure from the center of the chassis.
    Land of the free?

RC Enthusiast
    OK - I just measured, with my current setup of the front A Arms just slightly higher than parallel in the center front of the truck and I have about 1.25" of clearance, in the center of the truck between the front and back wheels I have about 2", and the between the rear wheels (center) I have about 2" as well, (back of truck is setting a little higher than the front with current spring spacer setup).

RC Qualifier
    If you have a new slash lcg, then no it won't.
    If you have the old slash where the chassis is lofted comically above the diffs, you'll have 3 inches in the center and 1 inch under the diffs. Hence superior ground clearance.