RC poster

Unhappy Question about Rally VXL 1/16 and LiPO battery.

Hello there I just bought a 1/16th Brushless Rally Racer!
    and I charge the battery as it said 6 hours and I went outside to a parking lot to drive it.

But I was kind of disappointed when the battery lasted for like 10 minutes and then the car started to slow down, I kind of expected from what I read about the batteries but yeah, I felt like I paid way too much to enjoy something every 6 hours.

So I was wondering about the LiPO batteries do they last longer than the Nimh batteries?

If I buy a LiPO batteries would I have to switch the pinion gear?

I feel like I already spend too much so do you guys recommend any cheap($30-$60) charger for the LiPO batteries?

one more thing... do you guys recommend to buy new tires, I want something that looks good and also would help the car on it's performance

PD: I apologize for my English it's not my first language.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When it comes to chargers you get what you pay for. A cheap charger will work but may overcharge your batteries but even a cheap charger and lipo batteries would be much better then what you have now and have up to 30 minutes runtime per battery!

RC Qualifier
    Ditto what 50togo said.....you'll get alot longer runtimes with lipos!!!! Esp 2 in parallel..... "too much money" is there such a thing???? LOL

Welcome to the forum!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Racer
    I drove my little revo (same chassis) 4 times with NiMh and than i started with LiPo.
    More Power, longer drive times and you can load it in a short time.

I had different programs, if i want to charge a lipo fast it takes round about 45 minutes, usually i load it slow round about 1,5 h - 2 h. With three or four LiPos in your bag you will have enough drive time ;-)

RC poster
    I order 2 LiPo(2s) with the charger I was thinking about getting 3s but I rather wait and buy them with a cooling system, anyway I think they're coming on Monday any upgrades you guys recommend?

I think my new tires are coming on Wednesday.

RC Qualifier
    which gives more power, a series connector or a parallel connector?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    which gives more power, a series connector or a parallel connector?
    Power makes no difference. In serial, the voltage doubles and so the RPMs the motor wants to make. 4S is not adviced for the stock combo.

In parallel the capacity doubles. That means twice the runtime.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    im going to get a 1/10 scale 4s motor so if i have to ill buy a series connector
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Too much money? huh? hehe...

With the chargers, you DONT want to go cheapest. I did and it cost me a brand new lipo. Although most do just fine.... Get yourself a 100 dollar one... See heres the thing about this hobby. Its not just play with it a bit, than away it goes. Its a LONG term fun past time. So when you look at how may hours you get of enjoyment, the cost reallllly is not that bad.Say for example one goes to the bar or something. They drop 60+ dollars for one night. With the hobby, you have something to show. Your still on your initial cost... Your almost there though...
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Enthusiast
    Totally agree about charger, but I picked up a great little Venom Pro Charger $75. Google it, fantastic buy IMOP