RC Qualifier

Harder springs for big bores?

Does anyone know where I can get stiffer springs for my big bores with 60wt oil and for jumping?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    The Traxxas white progressive springs work great

RC Racer
    I found a set at Lowes,it fit perfect.

Last edited by RAVIN; 01-17-2013 at 07:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have had a very positive experience with the Associated MGT springs. They have a bore / internal diameter closer fitting the standard Ultra shocks, so instead of using the collars which come with the Big Bores, use the slightly larger Ultra spring perches and collars. I have one Gold and one stock Ultra red spring per corner, and it's perfect for general running; jumping or racing would benefit from Gold / Copper, perhaps, as a starting point.

Shock Spring Options by Lunitic, on Flickr
    Last edited by turbo_cat1; 01-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Turbo cat, do you have a part number for those slightly bigger collars for the springs or even a picture so I can see how they fit? I can't believe traxxas doesn't make different grade springs for the big bores. Thanks guys
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    And raven I want you to post how you used those extension springs from lowes I am very interested on how you did that!
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    These are the perches you'd need for the ultra shock-sized springs on Big Bores, or on Ultra shocks, for that matter. It's a very small difference in bore diameter, perhaps a millimeter across internally, but it makes fitment perfect.

RC Qualifier
    I use half Progress Rate & half Roll Cage City super stiff springs. I also use their steel roll cage which makes it a little heavier. Since I'm running with the half & half setup I have zero sag and it stands up on its own.