Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Completely New To This

Hey guys so i just purchased the traxxas 4x4 vxl stampede and so far i love it but ive noticed that the back wheel has a wobble now,this is what ive done so far took the wheel off checked,the glu its intact. Ive re seated the tire onto the hub everythings good checked for,water in tire no sign it. So far i have not hit anything major with it ???

RC Champion
    The bearing that the wheel runs on could be wearing out, or the rear bearing carrier's plastic could begin to deform under stress. Make sure the bearing cannot slide around in the carrier. If you wanted to, you could balance your wheels too, but I'd check the bearings or just buy some new ones for that side. I get bearings from my lhs for a dollar, so its not an expensive fix.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    The bearing that the wheel runs on could be wearing out, or the rear bearing carrier's plastic could begin to deform under stress. Make sure the bearing cannot slide around in the carrier. If you wanted to, you could balance your wheels too, but I'd check the bearings or just buy some new ones for that side. I get bearings from my lhs for a dollar, so its not an expensive fix.
    d's got it all here. When you need new rear bearing carriers, I like the RPM ones best. And if you run 3S agressively in turns on a daily basis, you will get good at replacing rear outer wheel bearings!

No it sounds like your foam inside the tyre has gone out of shape but its all good maybe massage it back into shape.and check its all tight like your wheel nuts and the bearings are tip top.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    You may have bent the rear stub axle. Before you buy anything, take the tire/hex/hexpin off and disassemble it away from the rest of the drive shaft. Roll it on the edge of a table. If it is bent you will be able to see it clearly... Your truck came with this tool, its the one on the left:

This is the part you want to check out:

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    You may have bent the rear stub axle. Before you buy anything, take the tire/hex/hexpin off and disassemble it away from the rest of the drive shaft. Roll it on the edge of a table. If it is bent you will be able to see it clearly... Your truck came with this tool, its the one on the left:

This is the part you want to check out:
    +1

You can also find out whether or not the tire/wheel is at fault by simply switching the front wheel tire with the problematic rear one. If that same rear side still wobbles with a different wheel/tire on it, then you'll know that the wheel/tire is fine and its the stub axle thats bent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Enthusiast
    hey thanks for all the responses so an update on the issue I've taken it apart made sure everything was tight checked the rear stub axles nothing appeared to be wrong, so then I decided to process of elimination and rotate the tires and my findings were the wobble that was once on the back tire followed it to the front then I placed back on the back of the truck same thing so it seems to be in the tire I've tried to massage the foam back in place as someone made that suggestion is there anything else maybe could I just need a new set of tires and rims? Hard to believe as its barely used as of yet because this problem has been from the beginning

RC Qualifier
    If you cant massage it back, the cheapest option is to remove the tire from the rim. Could be a bad glue job or bunched up foam. The Traxxas glue isn't the best, so you might be able to slowly pull around the bead and get it to start separating. If not, there are other options such as baking the tire/rim. There are youtube videos on how to bake it.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    The rim could be slightly bent also...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Ditto to what rag said. My Talon rims started cracking and bending after a while as did the Protrac Desperados.
    The most bullet proof wheels I've found are RPM Revolvers. They have a circular reinforcing rib both on the front and rear. Unfortunately, they don't make 2.8's. I run the 3.2's with adapters for 17 mm as I was wearing out 12 mm hexes as well.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    +1, if the truck is almost new, id give Traxxas a call and see what they say. If the truck is still under warranty or just recently exceeded the warranty period, and If the wheel isnt cracked anywhere and shows no signs of misuse, i cant see them refusing to replace one wheel and tire. Especially if its a factory defect.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.