RC Enthusiast

takes off when i start it?

I took a really hard landing today and bent the exhaust header and cracked it a bit. Started it back up anyhow and it wants to keep going when I let off the gas. I toiled it apart to see if the clutch spring had broke which has happend before but it was still good. Put it back together and started it up again and I took off again, glad I was holding onto it. I checked to make sure my throttle wasn't stuck by pulling the throttle and watching the carb. I looked ok.
    I'm still new to nitro so I didn't know were else to look

RC Racer
    So you took away the air filter and checked that the carb closes properly? Clutch shoes intact? Even the throttle isn't stuck could the throttle rod still be bent?
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Champion
    is it reving high and takes off? disconnect the throttle linkage and see if the throttle settles into the body.

may have cracked the carb and its sucking air.

If its not reving high, I would have to say something is wrong in the clutch bell, though I dont know what. does the gear spin free when the truck is off?

RC Enthusiast
    Carb was cracked at the base. when i pulled the air filter off the second time the carb came with it ........

RC Racer
    I'd get a Revo platinum header, it attaches with a spring instead of bolting onto the engine, and it allows the header to flex instead of breaking. I don't know where Traxxas came up with a bolt on header. Makes no sense to me.