RC Competitor

Rain rain go away

Yet another rainy day here in wonderful south fl. Only had 1 day and 1 tank time on the new filter and pipe combo and loved it. Here I had 2 days off with no chance to run its just so wet.

*Watch the language*
    Last edited by Double G; 01-17-2013 at 01:59 PM.

RC Champion
    Just go
    Ahead and waterproof it

RC Champion
    I feel for ya dude! I used to live on the west coast of Canada and it rained like 200 days out of the year. I had a tmaxx that i could barely use cus of the rain. Thats why i eventually switched over to electric with waterproof. There are ways to waterproof your maxx though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Racer
    I would be interested in knowing how to waterproof a Maxx. I deal with rain and snow. Waterproofing sounds like a great idea.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by theant View Post
    I feel for ya dude! I used to live on the west coast of Canada and it rained like 200 days out of the year. I had a tmaxx that i could barely use cus of the rain. Thats why i eventually switched over to electric with waterproof. There are ways to waterproof your maxx though.

Now that would stink. I would have to build a pole barn to run the trucks in.

RC Enthusiast
    that why you need waterproof vxl lol convert your tmaxx you can run through anything
    there can never be enough power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hpiblitz View Post
    that why you need waterproof vxl lol convert your tmaxx you can run through anything
    Yup i went with the 2wd Stampede xl-5 and sold my Tmaxx. Its brushed and has a bit less power than my Tmaxx, but its waterproof! Year round riding and if snow or water get on it anywhere all i need to do is dry it off with a towel and walk away. Just saying that was the easiest way to waterproof for me. Plus the money i save in not having to buy plugs and nitro fuel i can use for more upgrades.

Last edited by theant; 01-18-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Champion
    You can plasti dip your servo's. Put your rx in a balloon. Keep the lid on and make sure to keep the air filter oiled and spray some WD-40 in the engine after ever run

RC Competitor
    Double G edited my post....I dont even see what was edited. Literally for the life of me I don't think I said anything inappropriate. "Watch the language" ?

I Did a long time ago run balloons over my receiver. Worked quite nice. I like the plasti dip idea for the servos!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshObrien View Post
    Double G edited my post....I dont even see what was edited. Literally for the life of me I don't think I said anything inappropriate. "Watch the language" ?
    Anytime there is a ** replacing words that you wrote the language filter has removed them. I took the word out.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    OH! lol never noticed it and I wonder, I may have even put the asterisks in my posts intentionally? Ill keep an eye out for it next time.