RC Racer

Vintage Nitro 4-Tec Pro

finished restoring my 16 yo 4-tec Pro, rebuild shocks, bought the TRX 2.5 Upgrade Kit #4800 and dropped a 2.5R in there didnt go with the 3.3 heard its a little torquey... i miss Traxxas Kits!!! love this R/C!

Burn it...

RC Racer
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not a pro nitro 4 tec

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeviperred View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not a pro nitro 4 tec
    sorry buddy but u got that all wrong! over the years ive had to swap parts at this point its a little bit of both but originally started off as a pro
    Burn it...

RC Champion
    either way its still a nice car.. would have loved to see more of the original cf.. most of it is gone from yours.. unfortunately it doesn't look any different than a 2.5r from a few years ago with the addition of blue pulleys..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    In order to have a 4-tec pro, you have to have the carbon fiber, which is there for a reason because its increases rigidity of the chassis. Also, you have to have the pro-ball diffs which are completely different from the front and rear diffs you have which are the stock ones. You in fact, do not have a 4-tec pro. You can tell yourself you do but you don't.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Roc View Post
    In order to have a 4-tec pro, you have to have the carbon fiber, which is there for a reason because its increases rigidity of the chassis. Also, you have to have the pro-ball diffs which are completely different from the front and rear diffs you have which are the stock ones. You in fact, do not have a 4-tec pro. You can tell yourself you do but you don't.
    Hahahahaha got a lot of haters on this forum i see, keep it coming i luv it!!! Nerds Unite!!! LOL u can tell yourself its not a PRO all u want doesnt make a difference... at the end of the day its STILL a PRO if u could read u would of saw that parts have been swapped in and out over the years from all the abuse! ive lived and breathed TRAXXAS for over 22 years, i put the people in Texas that work for traxxas to shame... KEEP HATING MAKES MY DAY!!!
    Last edited by Double G; 01-20-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Here let me paint a picture you new yorkers will understand..

Michelle, was once Michael. One day, Michael lost a few key components and changed his name to Michelle. Now, Michelle can no longer be a Michael because shes missing those key parts that, well, I guess you could say distinguished her from all the other Michael'. You catch my drift?

If I put a Castle motor in my T-Maxx, Its no longer a T-Maxx but infact an E-Maxx.. E signifying that its now electric because I in fact changed some parts on it which took away the originality and made it in fact a hybrid. The problem you seem to have is and identity one.

Here, I took the liberty to find a few PRO models to show you the difference. This first model is a great example of a car that carries the "PRO" badge:

There you can clearly see the PRO ball diff's. You can also see the wide assortment of real PRO 4-Tec parts. Here are a few more pictures that illustrate my point:

Here is another:

and another likewise:

I really don't want you to miss my point here so I went to great lengths and pulled some strings with the higher ups to get you this gem. What you are about to witness is pure PRO ball diffness.. Are you ready? Here we go!

I present to you a proper PRO ball diff:

Beautiful aint she!?

Now I took a long hard look at your car.... I pondered and I had to ask myself... Is that really a PRO version or just a look a like trying hard..

To conclude this session, I don't see the carbon fiber accessories which are OHHH SO ever important. I don't see PRO ball diff's which are OHHHHHH SOOOO very important.. It has in fact come to my understanding that what we have is a stock 4-Tec with two piece's of carbon fiber trying OHHHH so hard to be a PRO touring car..

Ill leave you with the famous words of Mater, the finest tow truck in all of radiator springs..

"I used to know this girl Doreen. Good-lookin' girl, looked just like a Jaguar... only she was a truck."

RC Racer
    LOL dude u couldnt paint me a picture if u were Picasso, cleveland LOL a second class city, in a second class state, full of low class citizens... Enough said!!! proved my point perfectly lot of haters on this site. showing me pictures of other peoples rides thats really sad dude... stuck on the diffs HAHAHA those were the first to be swapped out bc of rust! if it really wasnt a PRO and i wanted to pass it up as a PRO i would of bought all the parts i needed to make it look like a PRO, step up ur game and buy a ride dont use other peoples pictures to prove ur point...
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    So you've proven nothing to me. Just answer me one thing, how come everyone from NY always resorts to personal insults and assume that it somehow proves a point? Also, Cleveland a second class city? Really? Last I checked, NY was broke. If we're second class then im not really sure what to compare NY to other then the bottom of the barrel.

Next time try harder to prove your point with facts and not insults. Like I stated earlier, you've shown your ignorance and proved NOTHING.. Also, I do have a 4-tec. Matter fact, I have two of them. They are the regular 4-tec's so I don't try to pass them off as PRO's. Even if I did waste my time to find one or two pieces of carbon fiber, I would still never claim it to be a PRO.. I think you need to take a step back and come back with some facts otherwise you just sound desperate and a fool..

Then again, I thought about it and I really don't blame you. You live in NYC, the city that deals in counterfeits and knockoffs.. Its not your fault..
    Last edited by M3Roc; 01-20-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Now this thread is starting into a flame war and I don't see it is going anywhere productive any longer.
    Thread closed.
    The Super Derecho