Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    haha i can just see that. the waiting is the hardest part when getting new lipos was for me when i got my charger last i didnt have it so i got the lipos first then charger so was hard to refrain using them.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Insanity.....haha. this thing is rediculous. I have an ear to ear grin that wont go away. I had to gear it 21/62. That's the only other spur I had. And the smallest pinion tjat would fit is the 21. I was real worried about temps. But the motor only got to 113f the esc was at 88 and the bats at 84. I didnt finish the pack l, only ran for around fifteen minutes. The bats are too tall to use the stock holddowns. I have to make a couple notches so I can velcro them in so I was just mashing around trying to keep all fours on the ground. Even with that high of gearing, it still gets up and goes!
    addicted much....

yup insanity is right!!! haha i had that same grin that wouldnt go away it actually hurt my cheeks when i got mine and ran it for the first time. so you didnt go for 21/65? i know torque is crazy with that gearing but your gearing of 21/62 is still got lots and has a nice top end to it. wait till you get going 3/4 throttle on a open road lol you will see what you have if you havent already.
    What battery hold downs do you have? there are 2 for the emaxx. i have the 28mm but you flip then they go lower which is what i use right now. Velcro is a handy thing to use. i bought 2 for mine and never have opened the packages yet.
    Your temps are real good for 15mins.

RC Qualifier
    I have the stock two way hold downs. But these are hardcase batteries. They are the length of a six cell nimh. And too high for those hold downs. I'm going to cut a notch on each side of the battery compartments about midway and that way I can strap the batteries in.
    addicted much....

what #/size do that hold downs say?
    Pics of what a battery tray looks like cut for velcro straps i wouldnt cut the outside area though only the inner part wont weaken the tray/chassis like that.

RC Qualifier
    Right/left 23, right/left 25. That's what I was thinking though, exatly like your picture.
    addicted much....

then the extended second set of battery holders will work then i dont have them in front of me right now but i know they are 28mm and i think 24mm.

RC Qualifier
    I'll have to look into those. Now I need to get an icharger though. This 8a ez peak or whatever it is, charger I got just aint cutting it!
    addicted much....

Yeah if you have the ez peak plus then its only 6a only. Compare that to 20a its a total difference for sure. I always manage to get power supply, lipos before the charger lol.

RC Qualifier
    Yep, that's what I did too!
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Wow! So I just took this thing to my new favorite bashing spot and almost made it through a whole pack before I broke something!!! Blew the front diff, then I was driving it in 2wd and shredded a rear tire. So much fun!!!! And wow fast! Couldn't imagine 6s.
    addicted much....

lol thats what i am concerned about when i get mine out running again ill strip a diff or something havent ran it at my spot yet since its soft mud there and too hot near the river. 4s for me is plenty but i think i will try maybe 5s on day when i get s 3s from SPC, my wife said she doesnt like it going that fast on 4s when she drives it because she breaks stuff so i said i will get a single 3s for her to run since my 120a esc is wired single battery. 2s is too slow more like 15mph-20 max takes off ok can even wheelie a little but dont think its good for running much offroading rocking is what i use that for lol and works great i dont get any cogging last time i did it either. plan to do more over at the river this time down the trail and running up the hill but not down the other end as the river is there. hope i dont strip a diff.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    lol thats what i am concerned about when i get mine out running again ill strip a diff or something havent ran it at my spot yet since its soft mud there and too hot near the river. 4s for me is plenty but i think i will try maybe 5s on day when i get s 3s from SPC, my wife said she doesnt like it going that fast on 4s when she drives it because she breaks stuff so i said i will get a single 3s for her to run since my 120a esc is wired single battery. 2s is too slow more like 15mph-20 max takes off ok can even wheelie a little but dont think its good for running much offroading rocking is what i use that for lol and works great i dont get any cogging last time i did it either. plan to do more over at the river this time down the trail and running up the hill but not down the other end as the river is there. hope i dont strip a diff.
    I thought you had the sc8,and it was 4s max. I want to know because I have the sc8 in my revo,and just bought one for the e maxx. I am now in need of some better batteries, I have a pair of the spc 5000 30c batteries. I wish I would have bought the 6500 50c for 20 bucks more for the pair. I can say this, 1 of the batteries went bad after the first run and t I called and their replacing it .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I bought spc and did the 5400 50c from the start in 2s&3s so I can run 4s,5s or 6s

Gawdztwyn - yes I do have the sc8 wp. Its been working great when I was running it haven't been for sometime now. It is a max of 4s only. I should have said I was going to get the 150a ESC hw. To run 5s once in while. The 5000 30c should be plenty for your setup since its 150a output the lipos.
    I like the price of the 6500 50c lipos great and plenty for NY system.