RC Champion

Higher mAH Batteries?

anyone kno if there's a battery out there with more run time THAT'S COMPATIBLE WITH THE QR-1 CONNECTOR?

or am i stuck with the stock batteries? if so i'll just buy 2 more on ebay

I dont know of any with a bigger capacity as of now but they may be out there. Be very careful with the connector though as there are some out there like the Helimax that have a battery that will fit and has the same connector but the polarity is reversed compared to the QR-1
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I dont know of any with a bigger capacity as of now but they may be out there. Be very careful with the connector though as there are some out there like the Helimax that have a battery that will fit and has the same connector but the polarity is reversed compared to the QR-1
    Ok thanks dadx2mj...if you dont kno of any batttery then its a slight possibility anyone else will kno. i still have my fingers crossed. but like i said earlier...i'm willing to buy to more just to be satisified with my flying fix

One thing you have to keep in mind with batteries for heli's or quads is their weight... Usually larger capacity packs are heavier, with Micro heli's a small amount of weight change can affect performance....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC poster
    I just timed a 260mAh (35-70C) battery (2nd run on them) and I got about 7:35 vs about 7:15 on the stock Traxxas batteries (which are older and have been discharged about 15 times, and I wasn't flying very smoothly. Another Traxxas battery, got about 6:45 with smooth flying). For the test, I was just hovering (for the most part) in my living room. The lift power feels identical between the batteries. So, I'd say they're practically identical, considering the age of the Traxxas batteries.

p.s. it's amazing how long 7 minutes feels when you're just sitting there watching the clock.

This thread has seen a big clean up. Talking about products that are banned on this forum by simply omitting the product name or bypassing the language filter is not acceptable, especially when the members doing it know better. Please follow the "spirit" of the rule and do not talk about products that you know are banned on this forum,,,doing so in the future is a sure fire way of receiving infractions/warning points.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power