RC Racer

Question battery charging

can I charge an 8 cell nimh battery with the onyx 200 charger that only goes up to 7 cell or do I need a new charger?
    anyone have an extra truck,I broke mine again

RC Champion
    Need a new charger , If it well charge a 7c max it well not charge a 8c .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    Need a new charger , If it well charge a 7c max it well not charge a 8c .
    I kinda figured that.well,I guess that I might as well get one that will also charge lipo batteries just in case I ever decide to go lipo.thanks

I kinda figured that.well,I guess that I might as well get one that will also charge lipo batteries just in case I ever decide to go lipo.thanks
    I have the onyx 200 charger too. I had the same problem as you, but I wanted lipos. I would look at getting the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus 6amp charger. It's what I got, and I LOVE it. It can charge 6-15 cell nimh/nicd, lipo, life, and even lead acid batteries. It's $100, and it can charge every kind of battery there is. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I have the onyx 200 charger too. I had the same problem as you, but I wanted lipos. I would look at getting the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus 6amp charger. It's what I got, and I LOVE it. It can charge 6-15 cell nimh/nicd, lipo, life, and even lead acid batteries. It's $100, and it can charge every kind of battery there is. Hope this helps!
    actually,that is the one that I was considering.I got the onyx 200 about 3 months ago along with 2 duratrax 5000mah 7 cell batts and have lost one cell in each of the batts already.just paperweights now.not sure if the batts were junk or the charger is'nt doing a good job.not quite ready for the special care of lipo's yet but I'm sure I will cross that line some day so I do need to get a charger that does it all.guess it's time to spend some more money,lol