Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Bad servo

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    112

    Bad servo

    My LHS and I finally figured out yesterday that my servo was bad after everything was acting all wonky on my rally. They also said that it's a common problem. So, as with my summit, I went with a hitec as a replace ment. Well, the LHS gave me a servo arm that doesn't fit and I can't get back there for a few days.
    I ended up getting the HS-85MG from Hitec and the holes in the arm they gave me are too big and I also can't get it to fit on the servo splines. Also, I would have to cut the last two holes off of it as its too long for the tight space on the rally.
    Has anyone added a hitec micro servo? If so, what arm did they end up going with?

    Edit: Maybe part number DUBM6675 from servocity?
    Last edited by jhartung; 01-13-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Kersh Summit-LCG Slash-Slash 4x4-Merv-Rally-Wraith

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,178
    I used the stock one that came on the 5086. I cut one side off and it worked well. There's a thread down in the Merv forums called "how to install a 5086 hitec servo" or something.


    Sent using 8.4 volts of NiMH power!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    112
    Nice. Thank you.
    Looks like it just may be easier for me to bring mine back and swap it for the 5086. The arm with mine is way too small a diameter hole for the standard screws on my linkage.(same diameter as the 1/16 diff case screws)
    Kersh Summit-LCG Slash-Slash 4x4-Merv-Rally-Wraith

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,178
    The holes were also too small in mine so I used one of the pointy screws that came with the servo to open the hole up a little bit. Then I just kept good pressure on the linkage screw as I turned it in to the arm. It worked out but the proper way would have been to actually tap the hole or at least drill it out with the proper bit. I was too lazy to go unlock the garage and get all of the tools to do that so I just used that screw that came with it.


    Sent using 8.4 volts of NiMH power!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •