RC Champion

Angry Mamba: manual programming

Fellas,

Trying to manually program my Mamba ESC is like slamming my head in a car door. I can't get any of the stupid settings to STICK.

Every time I go to setting number seven (low-voltage cutoff, 7 beeps), I answer NO (reverse) until I get a two-beep response (auto lipo). But then, if I shut off the ESC, it reverts right back to the old setting.

Every time!!

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I already bought the Castle Link but it won't work on my computer (Mac). Castle doesn't offer Mac support.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-16-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    When you say manually program the ESC, are you talking via the Tx? Have you tried the Castle Link Field Programmer? It works directly to the ESC without a PC interface and allows you to fairly easily change most of the key operational parameters for your vehicle, including Auto Lipo Cutoff.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    YES, MANUALLY THROUGH THE TX...

That's the first time I've heard of the field programmer. Do you have one, Mugs? What do you think of it?

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I have the field programmer for my EMBE. I even did a mod to enable me to use the Field Programmer without having to get into the Receiver Box.....

Mugs' embe

Have found it useful when I am at the track or wherever to be able to tweak things depending on the Track Surface & Layout.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    I'm gonna give that thing a try...thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    when you did it manually, did you finish it all the way thru. if you stop at #7 and unplug it, then it will reset back to its original settings.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Okay huma ray...I'm gonna just take YOUR word on this and try again; the Castle support rep said it didn't matter if I continue through ALL the settings, but at this point I'm willing to give it another whirl...I'll do it in the AM when my house is awake.

THANKS.

well if you go thru the whole process, at the end it will give you rhyme tone telling you that the changes has been accepted.
    FYI.... if you set the voltage cut-off other than auto-lipo, the ESC wont beep the lipo cell count. like, let say you plug in the 4s lipo and turn it on, all you hear is the fan and a tone, no 4 beeps. ask me why....i dont know lol.

My ESC does the same because you have to set the count them manually. I have mine set for auto but I have set it manual for 4s and didn't beep but then I tried a 2s only and did the same thing so you have to be careful I would make sure its on auto so it can stop you're lipos at the correct voltage cutoff.
    By the way mine is not the same mmm but close enough and have read else where too
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Huma Ray wins the prize here. After going through the whole flippin' process -- programming every single option -- I finally got the musical tones at the end of the line. All my settings have FINALLY stuck. Definitely going to give the field programmer a try. This was kind of a pain...

Thanks guys!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

lol....yeah your better off with the field link. atleast you can customize your setting the way you like it.