RC poster

No Pwer No Response, Someone Help

I recently upgraded my brushless edition for faster speed (batteries, pinions spur etc) had a couple of good runs. put away for a couple of weeks to find that one of the batteries and exploded (plastic covering expanded) assuming the battery was bad, i bought a new one. recieved it, charged it and installed it. along with one of the priors that i had. the new connected just fine, but when i conncected the prior one it sparked and im recieving no power or any resonse what so ever, link button doesnt come on or any noise from power is a negative. could it be that the prior battery is dead or could it be something else. keep in mind that i charged both batteries prior to connecting.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you know the do's and don'ts of lipo batteries. Did you store it at storage voltage or did you run it down and leave it?
    Sparking is normal when you connect the last battery but I would check the voltage on your old pack. It takes two good batteries to even turn it on
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-11-2013 at 09:21 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    were the connectors soldered properly ?, checking that the positive, and negative were on the right side of the connector, did you saw smoke coming from the esc when it sparked?, a little spark when you connect the lipo is normal, but if the lipo get hot o you got smoke it shorted. I would check the voltage on each lipo to make sure they are fine, if they are probably the esc is fried, or sometimes the on/off switch goes bad.

RC Qualifier
    sometimes to best to take all the electirc parts off the ring. Put them together on your table and go from there. Connect everything as it should be. When its all layed out there it easier to figure out then when its all tied up on the rig.

My on/off switch went bad...thought my ESC was dead. I cut the switch and soldered the wire together. I have never had an issue since.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    craig, i thought thats what was wrong with mine when i called castle creations and i tried cutting the switch and just twisting the wires together(like castle creations said) and i still had nothing. these esc's are known for just shutting off for no apparent reason. if my esc goes out again(within a year) im gonna send it in for repair and buy a Tekin RX8 and be done with it. you can call castle and explain it to them and they will tell you to cut the wires to the switch down close to the esc where they come out(wont void warranty as per Castle) and twist the two wires together to complete the curcuit. then remember when you do this to have your transmitter on before connecting the batteries because when you connect the second battery the car will turn on automatically. if that still doesnt work i hope you have your original reciept cuz other wise its gonna cost you $70 or so to get it fixed by castle.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had to do the same with my mmp on my merv. On speed runs it would shut off half way down the run. First time it happened I thought I fried something!

RC poster
    thank you for the response. i will def try that. did you just wire them together or did you eventually get a new switch. i got 2 new batteries and still had nothing. ill post my results in a few days.

RC poster
    thank you for your response. ive read yours and craigs replies. ill give them a call and see what happens. fingures crossed