RC poster

DR-1 Parts Availability

I had to wait till Christmas to open my new DR1. I got it out, charged the battery, and flew it for a few minutes. I had a couple crashes from the ceiling to the floor. No problems, no cracks found anywhere, and no breakage...awesome! Then I flew it a second time and as it slowly rose off the floor, it barely tapped our very soft ottoman and fell just 18" back to the floor. Of course, it broke the fly bar!
    Now, if you look in your package there are extra rotors, but don't waste your time looking for a fly bar...it's not there. I checked with my local hobby shop (none there) then went online to buy a few and found that the parts are not available anywhere. I had to place them on backorder, with a time frame of early January. After a week, it was changed to mid-January. Now it's January 16th and the parts are still not available. I'm very upset that Traxxas didn't have the forethought to have spare parts on hand that they knew would break. I've had this heli for over 3 weeks and still can't fly it. Also, I looked for extra batteries and found those are also on back order.
    I just started RC hobbies last year when my wife bought me a Traxxas Spartan, and then later I bought a Slash 4x4 Ultimate LiPo. Ive been very pleased with them and will continue to buy Traxxas, but I really feel they messed up on this one and let their customers down.

RC poster
    Have you tried looking for the variant of the DR-1 made by another company?

Hello,

Please call customer support 1-888-TRAXXAS. The parts are in stock.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Enthusiast
    is there anywhere online we can buy parts? the "buy traxxas" page has nothing in stock for the dr1

Quote Originally Posted by traxxas777 View Post
    is there anywhere online we can buy parts? the "buy traxxas" page has nothing in stock for the dr1
    http://www.hobby1.com/product.php?productid=55567
    Three (3) are reported to be in stock
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Call traxxas 1888traxxas option 2 for parts dept tell them what u need they send me a motor for my qr1 free with free shipping

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jcanuck View Post
    Have you tried looking for the variant of the DR-1 made by another company?
    No I haven't, good idea though. I just checked on my online order, (which sadly I've already paid for) and it now shows a Late January availability.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    Hello,

Please call customer support 1-888-TRAXXAS. The parts are in stock.
    Thanks Nitro Chicken, but since I've already ordered and paid for them through Tower Hobbies, I'd be out even more money. Do you know when Traxxas will be shipping to the online dealers?

Quote Originally Posted by bochco View Post
    Thanks Nitro Chicken, but since I've already ordered and paid for them through Tower Hobbies, I'd be out even more money. Do you know when Traxxas will be shipping to the online dealers?
    Wouldn't that be dependent on when the dealers order their replacement parts? It's happenning as we speak to many dealers and LHS's from what I understand....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC poster
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered 2 flybar assemblies. I actually called the physical store, first, and the guy went and checked that they indeed have them. Said they have about 100 of them in stock.

RC poster
    I went ahead and ordered two flybars and two batteries from Traxxas yesterday. I figured I'll use all of them eventually anyway.

RC Champion
    yup broke my dr-1 back new years night and parts are just going to be stocked this friday
    but wont get them till febuary 15th rrr

rpm!!!
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC poster
    First time ever posting in a forum
    so ok I didn't read this whole post but I to just got a dr1 and I need a linkage set, tail boom and flybar traxxas says they are on backorder can I use any parts from any other helis? HELP!!!