RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

How does Integy manage to mess this stuff up so bad?

Ive been using the Integy +6 17mm hubs on my rally on and off since I got it. Yesterday I went out on the lake for some sweet drifting action with my new sway bars and centre diff.

Not half a pack into my run the car started to spin out every time I tried to take off or turn. It looked like one of the front wheels wasnt spinning. My first thought was maybe a diff was blown or maybe the fluid leaked out. Next thought was maybe a piece of ice was caught in the wheel. Checked things out and neither were the case.

So I investigated further and found that one of the little axle pins that goes through the axle before you mount the 17mm hubs was snapped. This is an integy supplied part. Ive NEVER snapped one of these on anything. Even running 14mm hexs on a brushless Emaxx and ive never snapped a pin. Obvously the metal integy uses for their pins is junk, just like everyrhing else they make. So that ended my fun for the day.

Luckily I have a brand new set of stock rally tires to go on this thing so I should be able to get out later on for some more fun.

Just thought id report on one more integy failure. Let this be further warning.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    You know.... I just purchased a bunch of parts... and I avoided nything "Integy" like the plague... simply based off the recommendations I read here.

Its funny..... since then.... I've been researching different wheel/tire choices, width measurements, etc.... and REPEATEDLY on numerous different R/C forums..... and the overall concensus is exactly the same - Integy makes garbage parts.

I suppose they are just in the business of selling massive quantities of parts.... cheaply. At first sight, it seems like you are getting a good deal.... but when you read stories like this, it definitely makes you re-think your purchases.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for the heads up. its nice to know to stay away from that brand. cheap parts are appealing. Ive got many cheap parts with no problems (both real car, and RC) but sometimes, it really just pays to get the real deal and not skimp out.

RC Qualifier
    +10 on that almost every part I have ever purchased was junk, the only 2 parts out of the couple hundred dollars I spent are still in use, the servo guards for my summit and the aluminum pivot ball caps, the rest if the parts I have are in the parts bin lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5

I have, in the past, spend (literally, I hate to say it but its true) THOUSANDS on integy parts. Before I knew better. I just thought RC parts were weak.

I risked a few with my traxxas trucks. A set of steel driveshafts... which snapped the very first time I hit the throttle. A few of their aluminum bits, all failed or stripped. And finally, this set of 17mm adapters. It was against my better judgement to buy them but I could not find any +6 17mm adapters anywhere when I needed them for my ERBE GT build. So I just went for it. This is only the 4th time theyve been used. Junk as well. Oh well, lesson learned.

For the record, the only thing they make that I actually believe is a good product is their tools. Mine are excellent. Everything else is junk.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Thanks for passing that along Pave. I made my mistakes in the begining and after those parts failed that was it. One of the first purchases from them was their hinge pin set for the Pede. I got 3 on and on the forth the threads on the pin stripped while putting on the lock nut. They didnt even get a chance to run, I yanked them faster then I was putting them on. First time shame on me, second time shame on you (integy). That's my MOTTO. LOL I'm highly doubtful i'd purchase a plate from them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    For the record, the only thing they make that I actually believe is a good product is their tools. Mine are excellent. Everything else is junk.
    You know something i'm running the same hex set. It's actually decent. They have yet to fail me and i've used them close to a year. I want to get me some Hudy in the future though.....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Just saw this post in the new post section, I don't own a rally, but I do own a bunch of other traxxas stuff. I had to add my two cents. I got integy steel driveshafts for my mini erevo one of the first upgrades I purchased. They looked cool and they were cvd's. Win win right? Wrong. Same problem as mentioned above. The pins kept snapping. I tried to repair them, made new pins. But the chinsy tin or whatever it made of collar they put around the axle to hold the pins tore in half on one side (pins on both the front snapped within a couple days of each other) and smashed together on the other when I tried to remove them. Their stufd looks cool, but is not made to last.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    It is made for bling and shelf queens lol. Looks goods for sure, but most parts are soft like butter if you know what I mean. To each his own though, thanks pave for the info, hopefully it will keep some new people that don't know away and keep some money in their pockets instead of in the scrap parts bin. Good day to all and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Racer
    I have a few integy parts and I hope they don't fail too soon because I've yet to run the truck but the parts were not cheap at all after I got my stuff people were telling me I made a mistake so I started looking at other parts and they were all cheaper the traxxas links were way less money than my integy I got some rear carriers from integy that I never used because the bearing size was weird 21 bucks down the drain and I had to buy another set from rem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well, lesson learned.

Friends don't let friends recommend Integy.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    I can't imagine their skid plates for the mini series cars could be all that terrible. After all, they just sit there and get beat up!

^^ Famous last words. Lol... I said that about the 17mm hexs. How bad can they be. They just bolt to the axle and spin. The only moving parts are the threaded nut and the wheel nut. But alas, my hope was not rewarded. The rest of the actual hub is fine. Fit good and the locking nut is a good design. But that pin breaking is just dumb. I wont use the rest of them simply because the pin snapped and im mad about it. Hehe. Ill buy some from STRC or something.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I have, in the past, spend (literally, I hate to say it but its true) THOUSANDS on integy parts. Before I knew better. I just thought RC parts were weak.

I risked a few with my traxxas trucks. A set of steel driveshafts... which snapped the very first time I hit the throttle. A few of their aluminum bits, all failed or stripped. And finally, this set of 17mm adapters. It was against my better judgement to buy them but I could not find any +6 17mm adapters anywhere when I needed them for my ERBE GT build. So I just went for it. This is only the 4th time theyve been used. Junk as well. Oh well, lesson learned.

I use the +6mm 17mm adaptors as well on a couple rigs, i havent ran into issues YET aside from the rubber band shredding the 3rd time i installed a wheel. I might look at trying to use a different pin after seeing this issue Pave.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Yea I've been running the +12mm ones for about a year on my slayer pro and haven't had any issue's. Def have kinda been cautious with them, never really done any big jumping with them as I didn't want them to break...lol...But def going to swap out the pins tho after reading this....

RC Champion
    I have the Integy hubs on one of my Slashes.. 3800 4 pole and they are holding up fine.. My problem with them was it was missing parts when purchased new in bag.. Integy was no help and would only sell me a replacement set.. I found a part from another adaptor I had that worked. the pin you were talking about shouldn't have broken, but honestly I'm not surprised. the only other Integy part I like is the Aluminum Tranny.. can't complain about them.. They fit fine, work as advertised and dropped the motor temps dramatically.. I'm am no fan of Integy and really don't like to support them in any way as most of their parts are just junk and the warranty is non existant. if you intall the part, the warranty is voided.. Read the package.. Oh.. almost forgot.. I broke a set of Integy Axles specifically made for the Rustler VXL on the first pull... Ended up going back to stock.. they work better..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    I remember reading a build thread somewhere on the forum, (don't recall on what section or who it was by) but they installed an integy antenna mount. I'm sure they thought how could a company mess up an antenna mount? Well I think one of their batteries got out of the strap, hit the antenna mount, and bent it. The story just makes my opinion of integy sink. Thankfully I have never wasted money on their products because of this forum's stories.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Thankfully I only have 1 Integy part and that was based on recommendations here. I'm glad guys have stepped up and given honest opinions of their products.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I think integy is just a company who wants to make high margins
    Idk what there reputation was in the day but maybe they just made alright parts and then slowly cheaped out on them

Definatily for guys like Giostealthr1 or whatever
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL