RC Enthusiast

Motor Stalling under breaking and idle issues please help

Hey guys i dont wanna sound to much like a noob with this question but i need some help before i go and do something i dont have to do. I have 2 slayers and never ran into this problem before. Long story short is that me and my buddy were racing on a baseball field a few days ago and it wasnt super dry so there was a ton of sand build up on the car and all around and in the wheels. Well i didnt notice the wheels were packed so bad and the motor was running really really hard to move around. Well i ended up over heating the motor bc it started to smoke a little (I never really had this happen before) so i came home that night took the head off and cleaned the piston up a little even tho there really was nothing wrong with it or discolored. I just wanted to be on the safe side. So now that i got it back together and oiled up to be on the safe side and then ran it. for some reason when ever i come to a compleat stop it shuts off and stalls. If i hit the brakes hard it will shut off once it stops rolling. Its weird because if i let it come to a stop easy it will stay running. Also when i try and start it the only way to keep it running is to hold the gas down a little on it. I tried retuning it by changing the idle speed and stuff but it does not really seem to have helped. The piston sleeve looked like it was really good and had no real visible scaring on it. It didnt look super nice but it didnt look like it would have any problems. I have pics i can show you guys if you wanna see but im not 100% sure how to post them. Its hard to see anyways. So yea if anyone has an idea let me know bc I dont know what would have done this. Oh and one other thing when i first turned it back on after the rebuild the motor made a sound like it was almost grinding like a if a bearing was messed up. Thanks guys

RC Competitor
    I would recommend tearing the motor completely down and check your bearings. If the motor is bind because of a bad bering it will cause the problem you are having.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok well i guess i will take it all apart and see how everything looks. Do you think it could have anything to do with the 1 way bearing? Maybe its binding up when its at a lower speed and just when it idles that it may bind it up enough to shut it down? I did have to replace my easy start motor a few weeks ago and i have that all apart so maybe it could be something in that area also.

RC Competitor
    Possibility. Start with the easiest stuff first

RC Enthusiast
    Yea i always like to try and start with the easiest stuff. The I wish i would be able to test more but the weather here has sucked with being wet now for weeks and havnt been able to run really.

How about the carb? Verify that the idle gap is 0.7-1.0mm open when there is no throttle input or when the brakes are applied.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    i will make sure of it. Im just now getting it back together bc i had a ton of clean up and different things to do to the truck. I will make sure it falls within that gap and let you know

RC Enthusiast
    ok i think if fig out my issues as to why under breaking or being off throttle to long it would stall out. I hope i can fig out how to add photos to show you but my clutch was a mess its no wonder it wasnt working right. I put a new one in and i am hoping my problems will go away. Is there a way to add photos to these posts? All i see when you click it is asking for a UAL and well that dont help since im not on a website with the pics so its kinda stupid