Thread: Crazy accidents

RC Champion

Crazy accidents

Here's a forum to post all of those crazy car crashes and accidents that we have been in. I bring this up because two days a ago me and my friend were driving down the freeway at 70 mph in his pickup truck when all of a sudden we got what we thought was a flat tire. We soon learned that it was much worse. My friend had got his brakes replaced two days before and I guess the lug nuts weren't put on tight because the next thing we saw was sparks flying from the front wheel well. Yes the tire came off and rolled across the highway. It was crazy scary but some how I feel like doing it again.

Lets here your stories.

RC Champion
    ive actually been there to. i was much younger. crusing in a old beater cutlass supreme. i was a rear passenger when the rear tire came off. it felt like we fell. anywho i also got to watch the tire roll by us as it rolled down a hay field. thank god we made it off the road safely. by the way it was kind of fun since i was in the back
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Never had anything like that, but one time my Dad and I were on the way to a Superbike race on our motorcycles. We come up on a tractor-trailer, and we were waiting for other traffic in the left lane to clear, so we could go around him also. All of a sudden one of his back tires lets go and explodes! Chunks flying past us! Luckily we didn't get clipped with anything big, and we went around him. My Dad and I looked at each other but couldn't see each others faces for our helmets. We both at the same time wiped our hands across our brows to say "whew, close call". Coulda been bad.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    When I was 18 I was heading home early in the morning from my wifes house (girlfriend at the time) because I had class and di not have my things with me. And at about 90mph my right front tire blows on a 1976 Mercury Cougar. I get a little squirrley and slow it down only to see this guy behind me not slowing down. He crosses the grassy meadian and comes back luckily there was not much traffic going the other way or it would have been worse. He did come back because he almost hit my tank and way nice enough to take me to the next exit so I could get off the interstate safely.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Champion
    I was coming home from a Saturday night parking lot race back in '98 in the '94 Grand Cherokee I owned at the time. As I'm running down a wide 2 lane road that is both a state road and residential street I notice an oncoming, tallish late 80's/early 90's F-Series start to cross over the center line into my lane. I flashed my lights and honked my horn in hopes to knock the driver out of what ever stupor he was in......didn't work, next thing I know, I'm staring at the the truck fully in my lane and still moving toward me! When I fully realize what's about to go down, I think "Oh My God, It's Coming Right For Me", chastise myself for that South Park line being the first thing to cross my mind in that situation, then started looking around for "an out" from the situation at hand. My only choices were drive into the oncoming traffic, but he had people behind him, first one being a Minivan...needless to say, bad idea there......or drive into a front yard with a good sized tree right about where I'd try and go to get out of the way........not much better than oncoming traffic, but I figured at least the tree wasn't going to be going anywhere, let along at me while running 30mph, so I went for choice B. I cut the wheel hard to the right, hopped the curb, point the ZJ at the tree until the last moment and cut the wheel even harder back to the left just before I hit the tree. Just as I hit full lock and it started to rotate then the guy in the F-Series hit the left rear corner of my Jeep. I rolled out onto the street and put it in the first driveway I could find (conveniently located just south of the above tree), hopped out and saw that the left rear quarter was caved in, the quarter window was no longer there, and the bumper cover and taillight on that side were destroyed. Shortly there after neighboring homeowner had come out of his garage to see what happened, asked me what happened and if I was ok (other than being shaken up and a bit sore, I was good), then let me use his phone to make the needed phone calls. The driver of the F-Series kept going and was followed by the family in the minivan until his injuries (he was unbelted and head butted the wheel or windshield) got the better of him and he had to stop. They came back to where I had stopped and told the officer I was talking to where the truck was stopped, so one of the officers went to find him and had to send him to the local hospital before taking him to jail for DUI. He tried telling the police that I ran into him (yea, he went there.........), but everything kinda pointed to my story being the truth. My folks came to where the accident happened and were relieved to see I was ok, then when we were done, Dad and I drove the Jeep home, tarped it up, then got it into the body shop to get it fixed not too long afterwards. Turns out the guy was driving a recently purchased, uninsured, F-250 4x4 and had the gaul to try and get it insured the Monday after the wreck
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Qualifier
    sense this is a thread not only for car accidents, but crazy accidents in general. I had a new season of bmx racing (i had intentions of racing my brand new haro team issue), i was trying to just get used to the bike. I was taking a corner at a somewhat fast speed for it being a bicycle, some how my brake line had some how got caught and yanked on the right side of the handel bars, causing it to spin and "hit" my higher thigh. After standing up and seeing a hole in my shorts, i did the obvious and pulled the shorts up a little bit only to see a giant gash in my leg, and see the innards of my leg. Luckily i didn't go into shock, i rode that bike using only my left leg to pedal back to my house, then my parents took me to the clinic. After i was stitched up, the doctor had informed us that the handle bar had missed my artery by millimeters...
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Champion
    I'm liking the story's guys. Here's one about a friend of mine:

So I'm in high school and I have this cool friend that's a little bit of a player and he was taking one of the cutest girls in the school to homecoming and idk if they do this at other schools but at mine you go on a day date where you just go do something with your date before the dance. So my friend being a fun guy thought he as takes his date and some friends with their dates atving. They were having a great time when they come to this big steep rocky hill and the guys are thinking oh this will be fun while the girls are thinking ummm I'm not sure about this. So my friend says to the other guys oh this looks fun lets do it. His friends aren't so sure. I mean they have their dates with them and wouldn't want them to get hurt. Well my friend decides he'll show his friends up and go up the hill. Keep in mind he is riding his dads brand new Polaris 800 or something(a big rig anyway). So he starts up the hill and is ok for a while then all of a sudden he looses control and the atv begins to flip. His first thought is his date. He just in time pushes her out of the way and she only hits her head. My friend takes the worst of it. The huge atv comes down right on top of him. Luckily they all have helmets but it doesn't do much for my friend when it is completely shatters by the weight of the atv. My friend doesn't remember much after this but when he goes in and out of it. He remembers at one point on the helicopter asking if his date was ok. His friends watched the whole thing and had to remind him what happened. Once they got to the hospital my friend finds out that he has broken 12 ribs cracked 2, punctured both lungs, broke his arm wrist and elbow and later gets metal screws and plates in them. He also has major brain trauma. He can barely remember things even to this day that happened before the crash. Luckily his date only suffered a minor concussion be jade he pushed her out of the way. His biggest upset about the whole thing was he couldn't go snowboarding that winter. He was out for four months. He should have just been glad he was alive.

RC Champion
    I was driving and a real estate sign flew out of a truck and pulled off my whole bumper
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Yeah I was at work one day, I work at a landscaping company, and I was shoveling some dirt when this super sweet Mustang GT500 came around the corner and so he thought he'd be cool and show off his exhaust and so he punched it but the back end slid out and he flew off the road and took out a real estate sign, two huge trees and ripped up the grass. It was sad, the guy ruined his sweet ride.

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    I used to be an EMT. Notice the past-tense.
    May, 1998. My partner and I are going to lunch. Freeway accident happens 1000 feet in front of us, traffic stops, including us. I reach for the mic to call it in and.... BAM!!!

Woman in an Infinity Q45 slammed into the back of the rig doing 40+ mph. The impact slid our 7500# rig 17 feet with all four wheels locked according to the police report.

I slammed back into the seat, with my head hitting the bulkhead/divider. I saw stars, heard the birds chirping and everything was in twos for a few seconds. I ended up with disc injuries in my neck between C3-C4 and C4-C5, and to my lower back L3-L4, which to this day I still have some sciatic nerve issues if I'm not careful about lifting. Because of the injuries I was forced to give up after 11 years of service in November, 1998.

What was the driver of the Infinity doing when she hit us? Staring into the passenger-side mirror to make a lane change. She never saw us coming. Luckilly, two witnesses both told the CHP we were at a dead stop 3-5 seconds before the impact.
    Last edited by PMDRACER; 01-21-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...