RC Competitor

Summit or E revo?

Hey guys, looking to buy a new car. Just wanna know which would be better; a summit or an e revo. They both are pretty cool cars, but im leaning towards the summit. And ideas? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    All depends on what kind of driving you want to do and what kind of terrain you have access to.

Speed bashing it's erevo. Different extreme terrain that can actually challenge the Summit then I say get the Summit.

RC Champion
    +1 Depends on where you are driving. I have the Summit since I moslty drive in really rough terrain in the woods. For jumping I still have my Stampede 4x4.

RC Racer
    Yep. - Summit is the best car around IF you have cool places to drive it that will challenge it. If you only have flat parks & car parks etc. you will get bored with it fast and should buy the Erevo.

RC Competitor
    Well, i live near the woods and have a lot of rough terrain. So i should probably get the summit? I also have a gravel road that goes for about 100 yards that would be good with the e revo. But i think i should get the summit. The only thing is i have the summit 1/16 and dont know if i should just get the same version but bigger. Thats why i wanted opinions. And from you guys opinion, i think im getting the summit.

RC Qualifier

Summit or E revo?

Yes you should for sure! The summit with it's locking diffs and two speed low and high transmission and don't put it as a con that it's slow, it is faster by 10mph or so than most crawlers. I am for sure enjoying my summit where the land is really rocky where I live being able to conquer some pretty rough terrain.
    Last edited by Spencer911; 07-05-2014 at 09:06 PM.

RC Champion
    Get the big Summit. You can't compare it to the 1/16th Summit. It is so much more capable. You can always make a Summit faster by installing a mild BL System (4s) and it can even be a pretty good Basher (with BL System) by changing the Tires and do some minor tuning to the suspension.

I love my Summit and I do a little bit of everything: bashing and small jumps, then trail and crawl a little, Pass through the creek and stuff like that.

In the woods and rough terrain nothing can beat a Summit

RC Qualifier
    I got the 1/10 Summit last year and I DON'T have the terrain that challenges it. The Summit got boring VERY quick. So I transformed it into a high stance Erevo. I ended up spending more buying the Summit than if I just bought a ERBE first. So learn from my expensive mistake. If you are seriously thinking about getting a Summit, maybe go do some terrain scouting before you buy. And remember the steeper/rougher the better.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 07-05-2014 at 09:14 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Champion
    True. For the summit you will need proper terrain otherwise it makes no sence.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    True. For the summit you will need proper terrain otherwise it makes no sence.
    That's why I don't have mine anymore...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasERBE View Post
    That's why I don't have mine anymore...
    I live near the woods. We have steep terrain, hills, creeks, water, mud, rough terrain and there the summit is right at home

Love to drive it there.

Also I found a place with some smaller rocks where I can even crawl a little.

The truck is just so versatile. With a BL System, some other tires and minor suspension tuning you can even jump it pretty well.