Feeler thread. How much is it all worth?

Hey guys. I'm thinking about selling all my vintage stuff. As well all know I have a nice TCP and a SRT.
    I'm trying to pay off all my bills before June bc that when school starts and I'm not going to college with debt. I been extremely silly with my money and its time to take priority over fun.

Lets start off. TCP
    The buggy is in excellent condition. Transmission is flawless and has the metal top gear. The motor guard had very few scratches and the gear cover is like new. All the while plastic nylon throught the buggy is almost white and yes I have he original white battery bar. The front wheels have ages but the 2.15 prolines are in excellent shape and unglued. Only thing I don't have is the body and mip dog bones. I have 6 nib bulkheads #2630 and 4 nib long a-arms #2621.

Next it my SRT. Most of you have seen my SRT from my other thread so ill save time. You basically have the SRT roller, spare parts for 2 more SRT ( just need the very super common parts u can get everywhere). I have 4 nib gear covers 2 new SRT bodies 1 is open 1 is nib. The original box and manaul a and proline tires. I also have the delrin ball diff gear.

I'm just getting idea wha everything is worth. If I'm selling I do not want it to go to someone who will part out everything. But then again if the price it right. Also if anyone on here does buy please my a copy of the SRT manual for Daniel. I haven't had the time or spare money to do it for him.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

Most likely ill sell them. I'm thinking everything together $800. Let me know guys

RC Qualifier
    Im thinking 800 for the pair might be a little high. Maybe 700-600? Also if ur willing to sell the tcp, send me a pm im interested
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

I'm saying 800 for everything!

RC Qualifier
    Oh ol then that would be a good price for everything

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    I'm saying 800 for everything!
    then you won't be going to college without debt but thats OK since you really don't wanna sell them anyway. Gecko was being super nice by going 700-600. Figure $200 for a rtr SRT and $200 for a rtr TCP. Pry be around $100 for the parts. These would be as I stated high end ready to run and complete with all electronics so adjust accordingly. Not trying to lowball you but trying to be adult and realistic about it.

Good luck with college and make the best of this time though. Once college is done and you get your job...its all downhill from there

Todd
    Peace and Professionalism.....Kabunga signing off!

RC Qualifier
    Hey having a job must be better than school... Or at least a job you like haha
    But im still getting that 600-700 range if you get lucky
    Last edited by Gecko5678; 01-15-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klavy69 View Post
    then you won't be going to college without debt but thats OK since you really don't wanna sell them anyway. Gecko was being super nice by going 700-600. Figure $200 for a rtr SRT and $200 for a rtr TCP. Pry be around $100 for the parts. These would be as I stated high end ready to run and complete with all electronics so adjust accordingly. Not trying to lowball you but trying to be adult and realistic about it.

Good luck with college and make the best of this time though. Once college is done and you get your job...its all downhill from there

Todd
    just to let u know I'm not a kid haha. Im 24 and had a very decent paying part time job bringing home close to 600-700 a week after taxes. I made stupid decisions financially but almost done paying off what I owe.
    Now to the rcs. I still feel the prices you listed are undercutting. Seems many SRT in worst shape then mine( nor as upgraded) go for 125-150 range as rollers and trx-3(tcp) again not in as excellent condition go over $200. The parts I have are not ones that are easily attainable like TCP long arms or the 2519x delrin diff gear or brand new SRT bodies(factory not re pro) and the optional proline tires that were included with the SRT kit nib. Plus having the original box and manual, part sheet and explode view in excellent condition adds value. I got cvd on the way for the TCP too which only make it worth more.

RC Racer
    Ill buy the srt and body's for 200

RC Qualifier
    never said you were a kid. Just said I was trying to be realistic and adult about it. Thats fine and all what you mention but what you are trying to say is you paid well over $800 for all the stuff and think you should be getting all your money back. Doesn't work in the rc world. You might be able to get gecko's prices if you separate and list each individually. Speaking from experience here and like I said I wasn't trying to undercut you. If they were complete runners and in excellent shape like shelf queens then I'd be in agreeance and for it but for what you described without pictures I was just trying to be honest with you. I know where I can pick up a NIB SRT and NIB TRX3 right now for a little over $800 with shipping from overseas. If I know about these sitting there then I'm sure there are quite a few others that do and are like me...letting them sit.

Not gonna argue like I stated above...just answering a question you asked. Good luck with the sale whichever price you get for them let it be more or less than your asking price.

As for school its a good idea at 24 to still do it while its feasible and marketable in the route you go. Gecko mentioned a job you like...thats something alot of people don't have the luxury of and hope you get to that point in your life with your college time. I think its commendible that you can admit that you made some lower than expected financial decisions. Takes a big person to admit to that stuff. I don't like admitting it myself but have gone that bad financial decision route myself...several times...hoping I don't stumble again.

Good luck and genuinely hope you get what you want outta them and your schooling.

Todd
    Last edited by klavy69; 01-16-2013 at 06:38 PM.

never said you were a kid. Just said I was trying to be realistic and adult about it. Thats fine and all what you mention but what you are trying to say is you paid well over $800 for all the stuff and think you should be getting all your money back. Doesn't work in the rc world. You might be able to get gecko's prices if you separate and list each individually. Speaking from experience here and like I said I wasn't trying to undercut you. If they were complete runners and in excellent shape like shelf queens then I'd be in agreeance and for it but for what you described without pictures I was just trying to be honest with you. I know where I can pick up a NIB SRT and NIB TRX3 right now for a little over $800 with shipping from overseas. If I know about these sitting there then I'm sure there are quite a few others that do and are like me...letting them sit.

Not gonna argue like I stated above...just answering a question you asked. Good luck with the sale whichever price you get for them let it be more or less than your asking price.

As for school its a good idea at 24 to still do it while its feasible and marketable in the route you go. Gecko mentioned a job you like...thats something alot of people don't have the luxury of and hope you get to that point in your life with your college time. I think its commendible that you can admit that you made some lower than expected financial decisions. Takes a big person to admit to that stuff. I don't like admitting it myself but have gone that bad financial decision route myself...several times...hoping I don't stumble again.

Good luck and genuinely hope you get what you want outta them and your schooling.

Todd
    Wow. Such an eye opener. Thankyou for your response. I appreciate the advice you gave. I'm sorry if I came across rude or disrespect.

24 starting college alittle late is more depressing and also exciting for me. I realize if I started at 17 I would have atleast my 4 year degree and into a career. But I also can't complain bc I also been the youngest at all my jobs. Most of the times the employers feel young adults (18-25) aren't mature nor driven to do the jobs. Why I have a pretty amazing part time job (30-35hrs) that i love doing (only called out once in 4 years) with a great schedule (split shift early morning late evening Monday thru Friday) making great money. It's probably the best college job I can think off. I picked up a second job for the time being to help pay off my loans(bad decisions) so I can hit college with just a car payment and of course whatever I need school wise. I'm more then grateful to have what I have and a great job in this economy. Hard work and determination pays off.

Now to the RCs. You're right about the price. I know just bc I may have spend a certain amount doesn't mean I should get it back when I sell. It's only worth only how much someone is willing to pay. I just put so much value bc I felt they were worth this bc they are uncommon vintage RCs. But now seeing how much I can make I feel it's just not worth the lost( plus losing pretty sweet vintage stuff). For example i have a NIB Team Losi Jrx-S Type-R that isnt open and its only worth 150 most. Right before school starts and I save some cash after everything is payed I'm going to reward myself and drop new GTR shocks off the slash 4x4, acers ball bearings and diff balls, new spektrum radio and a tekin rs pro/8.5 combo in the SRT and hit the tracks with it on my days off. The TCP is a shelf queen for right now but it might see stock racing in the future. I should take updated pictures of my fleet. It pretty nice.

Thanks again Todd.
    Travis

RC Qualifier
    Travis,
    not a problem. Just didn't want you thinkin I was trying to lowball you for my own purposes. I would hope you get all you can out of them because in all truthfulness its what we all want to do. In my own experiences my hobby has to support itself so getting all out of them I can is what I try to do. Agree with you on the losing the vintage stuff.

When it comes to vintage I have a hard time getting rid of anything that I know is hard to come by and from the days of when I started college I wished I had something more like this hobby to fall back on days off. My hobbys were more along the line of seeing which bars I could get served in and got pretty good at pool...to say the least, not very good hobbies to have when I should've been doing something else.

I guess my biggest point along all of this after re-reading all thru it that I really never said is if you can't get what you want out of them its best to keep them .

Again, good luck and keep us posted on your future, your vintage endeavors and your slash stuff. Our little vintage world here is pretty small so keep in touch or at least lurk when you can.

Todd
    Last edited by klavy69; 01-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Don't ask me how I know this, but I've noticed a certain someone making quite a few purchases of vintage RC10 and RC10T stuff recently. Even some Worlds stuff.

Yes, I can be very sneaky!

Oh and that certain someone is the same guy who never seems to post enough pics when I know darn well he has a collection worth seeing!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post

Yes, I can be very sneaky!

That is a definite right there.

Alright...who is the closet AE guy around here? Must be Gecko or Bmktw...

Todd

RC Racer
    "I know where I can pick up a NIB SRT and NIB TRX3 right now for a little over $800 with shipping from overseas."

Todd what website are these on? Can you provide a link, thanks.

RC Qualifier

Todd
    Not me!! I hate AE
    Im a traxxas person

Todd

Nah, it's me. You know, the guy who raced a T4, B4, RC8B, RC8BE, SC10 over the past years.

There was a thread over on the tech a few weeks ago about a guy selling an RC10 lot. Long story short, his ebay feedback profile was posted-up and let's just say that your name was on the feedback list more times than I would like to count. Total coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko5678 View Post
    Not me!! I hate AE
    Im a traxxas person
    wow. AE rocks and so does losi and hpi had interesting vehicles. I miss my T3 and I have a nib jrxs type r kit and countless xxx-s graphites in the day. It's sad bc a lot of people on this forum will hate a brand but hasn't ever ran that brand. I understand this is a Traxxas forum but AE and Losi play a huge part in rc advancement and class creation. If it wasnt for AE we all be running those titian Tamiyas still haha and Losi created the stadium truck. I love all rc in general. If a company creates something I think is great ill buy it. Down the road I'm buying the 22T(or T4.2) and a Slash Dakar. I know the Slash is base on the rustler/bandit but it feel more moderned and was simply just fun. But the most fun truck I have owned but hated working on was the hpi 1/12 desert truck. All brands have amazing vehicles. But there is a reason why my SRT and TCP are hanging over my bed in my room. They just simply beautiful and retro and deserve more the sitting in a box.

RC Qualifier
    3trx,
    Sorry, its not a website or a link...

Sam,
    I am gonna have to check out your tech forums you mention. If its the lot I am thinkin of I picked up the lot for a local. For using my account I got the flat gt as payment. If its not that lot then it must just be a total coincidence.

Todd