Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC Competitor
    Any progress on the bulks?

RC Champion
    I don't know.... It's been 6 months. I'm guessing here that they have worked it out pretty much and found how much it would cost to make them and decided not to go ahead with it because they would have to ask a fortune for them.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    I will make contact with Medas360 and see if he has an update. I have been busy with summer activities and have not checked on his progress. He is doing this on the side so it is taking a while.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.

RC Racer
    Medas360 is real good about answering my questions. Medas360 says he will check with his engineer friend once again to see if he has made any progress on the final cad drawings. I will know more a little later.

RC Qualifier
    Should make a good Xmas present to myself.

Bash it like someone else has to fix it!

RC Qualifier
    RCM hybrid bulks/diffs for me. The time for Medas' bulks has come and gone.

RC poster
    Why not go for a combo stiff aluminum to brace a hold the diff but allow the plastic to take the shock loading such as a aluminum cased delrin id love to see that but it seems complex which means expensive. but it be the strongest housing ever. Also this be the bonus of a manufacturer working with the consumer = a better product
    Last edited by intrgy_npede; 06-26-2013 at 06:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i had the opportunity to discuss the matter with 2 friends who design and send parts for manufacturing at machine shops.

initially the cost of designing the parts would be $20 per hour of design, and he told me that its maximum 5-6 hours per set of bulkheads. then they both suggested plastic, as the cheap aluminum will be expensive again and soft, 7075 aluminum being the best choice as the part would be really strong and thin and light but in the $250+++ range PER PART.

But still plastic (or similar materials) parts will be expensive to create in the machine. probably $200 per set minimum.... I didn't discuss details but this was the general idea. These prices are for eu/Greece (where i live) and they also told me that integy ones are really cheap for the process that they have :/

so if you want a strong truck, my opinion stands. buy integy, grind them to fit losi, and forget about it being heavier and all. perhaps after one year that you crash a wall the front one will bend and that's all.
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

RC Racer
    Well turns out the guy doing to the design has been in the hospital for a while. He is supposed to be getting out this week. As for cost that will be upto Medas360. And the material being used is going to be one that will hopefully survive crashes. as for Fuzions post. I seriously doubt the cost will be as high he has stated. This is America and we have a designer doing this for free in his spare time. That is when not hospitalized. Be patient as I am. I still need to purchase a new motor and Esc for my E-Revo because I smoked mine in a parking lot race.

RC Qualifier
    ok i see. i wish the best to him. i d really like to know the cost of final construction on cnc with different materials just to compare with prices here
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

RC poster
    Sounds like Delrin is the answer. Just need to make an injection mould and you could pump them babies out quicker than Obama can say "fiscal Stimulus"

RC Qualifier
    6 months later...and still nothing eh?...

i tell ya...if u guys can pull this off...and the bulks are reasonable and works with the LST diffs....i can guarantee u...every one of us will be lining up to purchase a set...believe u me...there's lots of us Revo enthusiast out there...and there's more growing every day...there is definitely a market for it...

i'm sure u guys can make ur money back...and who knows...maybe someone will buy the design off of u guys and u'll make a killing...

if at first u don't succeed...try try again...

on the right track, but here is a few probs

with C/O like RC Monster & others having other options coming out....

They can (need) to be made of plastic, the dye will cost $25 to $30k with all the machining. The dye blocks alone are $5k. Then you will have to get a plastic manufacture to produce them & they will want to do runs in the thousands, (mass production) or the cost will be so high no one will buy them. The set up of the extruder is added on top of the cost of production. Testing, designs drawings, dye machine drawing ect. ect. all take time & money. Like I said on the right track, but you need 50k to just get started. Yes I do know what I am talking about, I have a bit of know how in plastic extrusion..........
    I would like to see it happen but it is a long shot.... with out deep pockets......
    nothing to say Traxxas doesn't come along and make there own 1/8 diffs, then you could be out of luck... They haven't yet!!!!
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    i agree with u...and u've been running these revos longer than most of us here....and u know our biggest gripe has been the diffs...i know u've been modding up ur revo left and right and u know what ur talking about...but gosh...this problem has been ongoing...i figure by now...that someone would have solved the issue....

i see all these manufactures making aluminum diff housing..but that doesn't solve the issue...why can't someone just address the problem and get it fixed...i know that holding our breath for traxxas is a hopeless cause...but i'm sure there's more than 20K revo owners out there with the same problem right?...i dunno...maybe it is hopeless...

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    on the right track, but here is a few probs

with C/O like RC Monster & others having other options coming out....

They can (need) to be made of plastic, the dye will cost $25 to $30k with all the machining. The dye blocks alone are $5k. Then you will have to get a plastic manufacture to produce them & they will want to do runs in the thousands, (mass production) or the cost will be so high no one will buy them. The set up of the extruder is added on top of the cost of production. Testing, designs drawings, dye machine drawing ect. ect. all take time & money. Like I said on the right track, but you need 50k to just get started. Yes I do know what I am talking about, I have a bit of know how in plastic extrusion..........
    I would like to see it happen but it is a long shot.... with out deep pockets......
    nothing to say Traxxas doesn't come along and make there own 1/8 diffs, then you could be out of luck... They haven't yet!!!!

RC Qualifier
    The design of the diffs isn't completely awful. But the materials are, the cases should be made out of a FRP rather than what they are made out of which I believe is plain nylon or something similar. The gears shouldn't be sintered metal they should be cut out of steel. The ring and pinion should be helical cut rather than straight.

Modifying the parts would be a lot cheaper than the R&D for new parts.

RC Qualifier
    Helical-cut gears do not guarantee better durability. In fact, I believe you'll find that most manufacturers of 1:8 racing buggies and truggies choose to go with vanilla straight-cut gears, and you hardly ever see people complaining about them breaking down. It's more about the quality of materials and part fitting than ring/pinion gear cut method. Sadly, the quality of materials used in Traxxas products leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't straight-out regret getting a Revo because upgrading it was fun, and the car itself is a blast to drive. But if I had to make that old choice over again, I'd choose a Savage Flux HP and never look back.
    Last edited by carraig042; 08-16-2013 at 07:47 AM.

RC Qualifier
    So would I.
    Bought a Savage Flux HP after my E-Revo and you know the bet thing about it... driving it, putting it away and then next time you feel like driving it again you just get it out and drive it again! No diff replacement required!!

RC Qualifier
    The savage has been updated? A buddy if mine has every savage ever made his a savage fan for sure and even the nitros were stripping diffs. I like the savage xl but im not sure of its durability. The rival is looking to be a real tufff truck and its really well priced. I think Traxxas needs to step it up. Especially the emaxx. It costs more than the rival and is all plastic.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Hello Guys. I dont have an update but like 87 GN has said these R&D issues have to be worked out. It is still under development.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    Hello Guys. I dont have an update but like 87 GN has said these R&D issues have to be worked out. It is still under development.
    there is a thread by wesleny or something and he maid it happen... why your's wont?

let's give news to the people...