Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hybrid bulks would definately sell like hotcakes if they were reasonably priced. I know I would get a set.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Competitor
    50togo I think they make a one piece front skid already. Strc makes them.

RC Qualifier
    I would also definitely buy a set of hybrid bulkheads if you actually do make them. If you dont, then that will be my first design when i make my own company producing aftermarket parts
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Enthusiast
    I would also take a set of hybrid bulks. Maybe even two sets.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by racerkilla View Post
    50togo I think they make a one piece front skid already. Strc makes them.
    I meant from the factory but good to know!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by uninterrc View Post
    I would also definitely buy a set of hybrid bulkheads if you actually do make them. If you dont, then that will be my first design when i make my own company producing aftermarket parts
    And make them fit the newer diffs better. Flm are an old design and today's thinner diffs need almost 2mm of shims

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by uninterrc View Post
    And make them fit the newer diffs better. Flm are an old design and today's thinner diffs need almost 2mm of shims

RC poster
    clp71220- I am the guy who would do all of the engineering/machining. It is my family's machine shop. If you send me the parts I need to make a complete hybrid set, I will send you the beta set to test and give feedback at no charge, so we can work out the bugs to make a perfect set. Do we want to use 6061 aluminum material, or do you something else in mind? Side note: I see you are from North LA. Shreveport, or Monroe side?

RC Racer
    I'm subscribing to this thread. I'm very interested in a bullet proof diff. And where this thread is going.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Medas360 ill buy them and send them to you. PM me your name and address. And ill get on it.
    I'm close to Monroe Louisiana. We can try the aluminum or some other material. I'll have to let you decide that part.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.

RC Qualifier
    boy. 1st stress test yesterday after my newly dremeled bulks and new losi diff cases and the rear bulkhead broke while jumping off big stairs and landing straight.

i might be interested also in strong machined bulkheads but i have to inform the crafters that integy aluminum front ones bend very easily upwards, making disassemmbly even impossible without destroying them.

i think i will drill holes at the broken point and screw a plate there to hold it together, rather than dremel a new set again.
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

RC Racer
    Yes we are aware of the aluminum bulkheads bending in a upwards direction. Our hope is to find a better way build it for strength or find a better material that will not bend from the shock of hard landings.

RC Qualifier
    Minnesota, hey look it's snowing again...
    Beefing up the aluminum structure of the bulkheads around where they are bending and using a higher grade aluminum for the bulks (aka 7075 T6 aluminum instead of the butter that integy uses) would more than likely be enough to solve the problem of the bulks bending on heavy landings. The weight added to the bulks from beefing up the weak areas could be removed elsewhere since the stronger aluminum wouldn't need as much support in the main area of the bulk (around the diff).
    Another option that would be both a cheeper and lighter alternative would be to try machining the bulks out of delrin. Delrin is a very durable plastic that is very easy to machine. Even if delrin isn't the final material selected for the project, it could make a viable "cheeper" version of the hybrid bulks to offer a larger verity of products.

Just my 2 cents,
    al'Thor
    Suzuki
    Way of Life!

RC Racer
    I have purchased the bulkheads and a lst2 case and have them being sent to medas360. I am looking at the bulkheads and i think it would be possible to make them wider on the edges. You would have to assemble the drive shafts to the differentials with the bulkhead split then assemble it together. Just an idea.

RC Qualifier
    today i will grind furthermore the integy to fit a non-grinded lst diff. i have a lot of straightening the front one as i bent it a lot to remove the top arm pin. the rear bulkhead is ok in general i have seen no bending so far.

pins are the first thing that shows bending. even 1mm upwards the pin is stuck inside for good.

when do you estimate to have ready bulks for sale? too early to say?

RC Champion
    Have you ever thought about making Series 40 Beadlocks out of that delrin material with 1/2" offset? I know I would be interested in buying some if you did.

Just my $0.02.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Qualifier
    well here's my attempt for now. also added the lunsford titanium rocker screws because the stock ones bend a lot. if only i could add some metal side part to prevent the front bulkhead bending... any ideas?

RC Racer
    Yeah one idea is not to jump it. LOL No really for now I would not bash it just to prevent it from bending. I am hopeful that Medas360 can help us with this problem. That is alot of money in bulks there. I would stay on the street for now and get some high speed run time in and stay off the jumps. No need to destroy all that work and money for a Jump you know it may not survive. I think the anwser will be a thinker bulk in problem areas. These bulks look like they could afford to grow some in places that break often.

As for the hybrid bulks for sale it is still to early to say. This is still in the idea of development stage.
    Last edited by clp71220; 01-31-2013 at 01:24 AM.

RC Qualifier
    and actually this is my second front set :P the first one snapped in 4 pieces trying to remove the pins and bend it back to shape. a nightmare. i will think it over. the front brace, some side brace perhaps that holds with 4 screws? we'll see.

RC Qualifier
    Count me in for hybrid bulks.

RC Qualifier
    I'd like you to do 1/16 versions too for us MERV guys

RC Racer
    This is going to be hard for me to explain.

one way to make it notably stronger without going for to higher priced raw materials. is to have less open spece around the diff.

It could be designed in for the LOSI and Standard diff versions. Having the diff with a snug fit, If you look at the mods that use HOT glue to fill the space between the diff and bulkhead, this could actually be a machined part of the bulkhead (obv with some tollorances for differences in each diff type). So you would have a greater surface area of Ali around the diff holding in position better.

You could have one Bulkhead for Losi and one for standard. Hopefully this would stop the diffs form moving as well.

Edit; Weight migh tbe a deciding factor though. But I tihnk this is a trade off between weight and not breaking or bending etc.

Edit two: also to save weight and a different Idea on the same theme, you could add rods in counter sunk holes on each bulkhead half. If these rods are positioned corectly you can add strength, and also hold the diff in their firmly. so you end up with bar(s) running form one half to the other.
    Last edited by Yip-man; 02-01-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Addition, another thought

I am thinking that integrating the diff housing into the bulkhead would be the better approach than bracing it.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    I am thinking that integrating the diff housing into the bulkhead would be the better approach than bracing it.

Sent from my Torch!
    Thats actually a great idea!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Like a flm hybrid for the e maxx made for the revo
    I just installed the T bone front bumper on my revo. I think it will strengthen the front end quite a bit
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-01-2013 at 11:21 PM.

RC Racer
    Medas360 has received the bulkheads and losi case. He will begin working on the cnc program
    needed tomorrow 2/4/13.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That will be great! 7075 not 6061 right

RC Racer
    I will be in close contact with Medas360 and I will ask about the 7075 if possible. But I am going to let him decide and I will test them as hard as I can. I think we will end up needing a more flexible material. A high impact abs plastic may work better. Just brain storming here, but that is how you find the best materials for the job right.

RC Qualifier
    i also vote for plastic (or something better). non-flexible materials will bend in many spots.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post

Now thats what im talking about... As i said in a past thread, integrating the housing to the bulks will be adding more plastic to the bulks. At the same time getting rid of the housing slop. I also think RPM type plastic would be good for this.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC poster
    I could really get this ball rolling quick if I could get a model file of the bulkhead from someone. Drawing this part in AutoCAD has been slow going so far, due to having holes on compound angles. With a model file in hand I can modify it to what we all want then create a CNC program with a click of a button. I can accept almost any file extension with the software I have at work. Unless I hear different, I will keep trudging along.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    That will be great! 7075 not 6061 right
    Isnt 7075-T6 not harder but more brittle than 6061-T66? Although harder should be better in this case i think.
    Im still deciding on what to use for my custom front bumper with leds, 7075 which will be more expensive but harder, or 6061, which will be less expensive and not as brittle...

Anyways, very interested in where this thread is going

you are going to have hrs in it.........Drawing this part in AutoCAD
    major undertaking.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    So far, so good! I hope that image insert worked.

Edit: I can't get the jpg file to insert.
    Last edited by Medas360; 02-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.

You would need someone to model it up in SolidWorks or Inventor. Drawing the bulkheads in AutoCAD would take forever...I had a go last year at trying to model the bulkheads in SolidWorks during a quiet spell at work.

I started with the front left bulkhead but as luck would have it so a few fairly large projects came in... I've been flat out on the drawing board ever since.

Maybe during our winter season things may quieten down giving me a chance to finish what I started.

Edit: my idea for the bulk was keeping it plastic similar to stock and then just trimming the chassis back to accommodate the Losi mod.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 02-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    I haven't worked in either Inventor or Solidworks in a few years, so this is not a part I can jump back in with. I do have a few friends I can try that are in Aerospace modeling. I will see what I can come up with. I have Delrin material on hand. It is durable and flexible enough to not break like the factory material.

RC poster
    A friend of mine at Goodrich Aerospace is going to model the part for me. I will keep you guys posted.

RC Racer
    Thanks Medas360 for the update.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have a price in mind yet? I sure know that if the price is reasonable and they are tougher than the stock ones I will be in line for a set asap.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Qualifier
    Ideas for material.

1st: Use 6AL-4V Titanium (Grade 5) for bulkheads

2nd: Use delrin

3rd: Use delrin with 1.5mm-2mm thick T6 aluminum lining on the inside of the bulkhead. I know it's kinda odd but it could work if done properly lol.

4th: Use Stainless steel?

Just a few possibilities other than soft aluminum
    ERBE, MERV BB