RC Enthusiast

Slayer Pro stuck in gear?

Picked up a Slayer Pro used and love it but having a couple of issues that may be related. First when I start with the EZ Start it will spin and not engage the motor, like maybe the one-way bearing is bad? Then when it does engage the truck tries to move from the starter, like the clutch is stuck engaged.

I'm comfortable with tearing it down and trying to find the problem but I wanted to ask on here first if this is a common issue and where I should start? Not sure if it's a clutch issue or trans issue.

Thanks
    Last edited by Brodee; 01-15-2013 at 02:13 PM.

RC Racer
    The spring that goes around the clutch shoes is the problem with it not starting unless the wheels are spinning. can't help ya as far as the ez start goes tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. I ordered that spring and will tear it apart tonight.

RC poster
    With the ez-start check the one-way like you said.. I don't know where your located but where i'm at it's been pretty cold outside.. just had the same problem on a t-maxx yesterday when i was trying to run it.. it was just way to cold outside and the one-way bearing wouldn't engage.. took it inside warmed it up over a heater vent and tried it again.. no problem.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm in Texas, but it has been cold, in the 40's. I have 2 slayers. One is running great, the other has a couple issues.

RC Competitor
    The bearing may be binding caused by gunk build up. Take it out, clean it up and soak it in oil then reinstall (make sure it goes in the right way as there is a difference).

RC Qualifier
    While you have your CB off might as well replace clutch too. Cause when my spring went it was because my clutch was getting thin letting the spring wear against the CB. But if your just looking for springs I know I have spares that I got from MIP, think they had like in a package.