Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

E-MAXX dual VXL-3s ??? single vxl-3s?? will it work?

im getting a emaxx 3903 in a few weeks and saw i have 1 1/2 vxl systems laying around. what i mean by 1 and a half is one of the systems have a blown esc but thats cheap threw traxxas. but anyways i was thinking i could put a single vxl system and gear i down some and run 3s for a little more punch and speed. would it just overheat? should i just buy a new esc and run dual vxl systems with a y-harness? i know dual will work but i would really like to only use one and save my $ but idk if it has the power even geared down. i am on a budget so dont sugjest a mamba monster or tekin or anything like that. just want more speed and acceleration than stock without throwing 7004 on the table for a E-MAXX BL edition. 500$ tops. what do yall think? are there any more options?

thanks
    Hayden

RC Racer
    If you do a search on here, you should find similar threads. Most say a single doesn't work, but a few have done if and have video to prove. If it was me, I'd sell the vxl system and order a hobbywing/tacon setup. I have a hw 150a esc and a tacon 1800kv motor and it works great! I also picked up a ********* 2650 6pole and it seems quicker, with a ton of torque still. You can piece a system with lipos for around $200.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Sl4sh with CC MMP 3800, 2 mervs, a 3905 BL eMaxx,

RC Enthusiast
    a little over budget but ill think about it. thanks! remember 550$ tops that includes the car itself

RC Competitor
    Hayden I was thinking about doing the same thing but using two of the 3500 velinium extreme waterproof combos. Don't know yet.

RC poster
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...raigslist-find

stuie is correct.
    here is a thread i did on my single vxl conversion

RC Enthusiast
    i actualy traded a ecx torment and a hpi e10 for a 3906 emaxx brushless with a novak system in it.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-21-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    E Maxx V-twin on youtube. There are heaps of twin VXL motored Maxxes on there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtBxUMsHas

RC Qualifier
    hobbywing sc8 waterproof esc ($65)and tacon 4074 (i think $50) and it will SMASH. I put 1 vxl in an emaxx before. It was slow..faster than stock though... it will def burn the motor on 3s...

RC Qualifier
    If you do end up putting 2 vxl motors be sure to synchronize the motors with a D battery before installing or it wont work right.