RC Enthusiast

Race track setup

We setup up the race track at my LHS to race XO-1s. Everybody seems to have it setup for high speed but what about a track. I can't seem to get it to handle as good as my 1/10th car.

RC Qualifier
    Ive ran mine through a couple of set of batteries one day at the track and had a blast infact more fun then doin hi speed runs
    more or less you have to tweak the suspension , get the right gearing , adjust the camber and toe . how long is the straight away what top speed is it? . Mine just seemed to big for the 1/8 track , like 15 turns the 1/8 car would always get it in the turn but I was always catch it in the straight just crazy seeing how it just closes in on the other car
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Enthusiast
    I have geared down and moved the shocks out. I am trying to get more steering out of it. My top speed on the track is about 40 mph. I thinking about some skinner tires.

RC Qualifier
    well it seems your track is too small , if your using a stock traxxas servo it might not be strong or fast enough to make the turns you need , also might wanna play with the toe and camber , but its a big car for the track and wont have the turn in like the 1/10 or even 1/8 cars have . you just have to take it out and test and tune it , 14 tooth gear at 50 should be just right

RC Enthusiast
    It is too small but it is all we have. I was thinking about changing the shock fluid

RC Qualifier
    you might want to consider installing the traxxas 4x4 sway bars , and maybe stiffer springs

RC Enthusiast
    I did install the sway bar kit. I was also thinking about some 1/8 tires. I will try the springs

RC poster
    Wanted to find out if you ever found a good setup. I have recently started racing my xo-1 at the local hobby shop and am trying to tweak suspension and things to make it quicker. Thanks!

RC Racer
    for your short course tracks there's a few upgrades / tuning techniques you want to use

Adjust your front tires to where the top leans in slightly

Go to a shock setting that sets the vehicel at its highest stance. unscrew the shock adjustment all the way to take some tension out and give the springs some travel

Gear reduction it, and also, Look on ebay for aluminum Drag link, Helps out with the factory steering slop

And take your front diff fluid up to up to around 30k

and of course a sway bar link.'

then you should be ready for the races