RC Competitor

Who here lives with winter conditions and is with XO-1 withdrawal

Hey all...just wondering if any of you feel the pain I have of living in a climate (Toronto ) that is just too cold/wet/icy/ snowy to run my xo-1. Gotta get my fun in with my slash basher.
    Build it tune it race it break it fix it, repeat

Not this guy.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Where do you live Cali?

RC Enthusiast
    I feel the pain.Bought the car when there was snow on the ground..Only been bench tested to put my Futaba 4pls radio in it.Also bought a funny car..Can,t run that either...But I still have my 1/10 rally and 2wd slash to run..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaussy View Post
    Where do you live Cali?
    Thankfully, no. Winter is my favorite season!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    I feel you man. I'm from Toronto also and I'm eager to run mine too but for now, I'm having fun with my waterproof SCX10 equipped with a snow plow as well as my Dromida SC418. I like the snow though and driving in the snow is very fun. i love how the wheels blow away the snow as you throttle up. I have a stampede 2wd brushed but it's not fit for snow and gets stuck and it's too slow for me. My Erevo brushless with mamba monster is out of the question when it comes to snow. If you really really really want to run your XO-1, you can buy a waterproof mamba monster 2 esc and throw it in. The car already has a waterproof servo and receiver box. You can envelop the motor with plastic because it's not waterproof. All this if you want to spend the money otherwise have a little patience my friend! Sometimes I put my xo-1 on a stand on the table and rev it up. I just love the sound. This ultimately satisfies my craving to run it outside.

RC Qualifier
    We hardly ever get snow here, but it does get colder in the winter. I could play with my cars in the winter time, I guess; but I usually play with my helicopters (in aircraft hangers) and Xbox instead. If you get really bad winters, you may want to try video games. They're really close in giving you the same feel as Remote Controlling.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_chubby View Post
    I feel you man. I'm from Toronto also and I'm eager to run mine too but for now, I'm having fun with my waterproof SCX10 equipped with a snow plow as well as my Dromida SC418. I like the snow though and driving in the snow is very fun. i love how the wheels blow away the snow as you throttle up. I have a stampede 2wd brushed but it's not fit for snow and gets stuck and it's too slow for me. My Erevo brushless with mamba monster is out of the question when it comes to snow. If you really really really want to run your XO-1, you can buy a waterproof mamba monster 2 esc and throw it in. The car already has a waterproof servo and receiver box. You can envelop the motor with plastic because it's not waterproof. All this if you want to spend the money otherwise have a little patience my friend! Sometimes I put my xo-1 on a stand on the table and rev it up. I just love the sound. This ultimately satisfies my craving to run it outside.
    Hahaha I also have an scx10 crawler setup that I will drive in the snow along with my slash 4x4. Just doesn't quite have the speed. My losi 8ight, losi scte 2.0, ae tc5 are shelf queens in the winter unless I go to an indoor track. Oh well I'll stick to my slash and scx10 for winter fun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    That is awesome! The forward-moving donuts at 3:30 are really amazing!

RC Competitor
    Im in St.Louis MO. and its been snowing and cold and wet so im feeling the XO-1 blues myself but hopefully we will get some decent winter days that I can make some run and post some new speed run videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnB...T2YgNhr_GcW0pg
    Fastest Radar Verified XO-1!

RC Qualifier
    Covered car parks bro..lots of snow in Denver. I tend to bash my 1/5 scales in the powder.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaussy View Post
    Hey all...just wondering if any of you feel the pain I have of living in a climate (Toronto ) that is just too cold/wet/icy/ snowy to run my xo-1. Gotta get my fun in with my slash basher.
    Lol I was!!!

Put on my Castle extreme 2 ESC and made a water repelent "tarp" to go over the electronics and batteries
    and within no time i was out drifting it on the ice lol.