RC Racer

Bought 1/16th E revo for my daughter

Well I got my 4 year old Son a mini digger back in the summer and since I put 4x4 parts in it on xmas eve the kids have been outside fighting over who's turn it is, my daughter is 6 and really showing interest in R/C's lately, I seen today that future shop extended their sale until the 10th so I was thinking about getting her a digger, then I thought about upgrading the radio and 4x4 and everything else on it and decided to just get something better to begin with, we went online tonight and looked at them all, I let her pick and she decided on a 1/16th E revo VXL 4WD in blue, got it for $281.59 shipped, cheaper than what I paid for the mini digger at my LHS a few months ago, really happy with this purchase, now I just need to convince Mom that I need one too

RC Champion
    Kids learn to handle thier rc's alot better than adults. Always great to get them hooked early on. The key though is to get mom on board with the rc addiction. Good luck. Hand her the remote a few times for jumps etc and then paint her her own body! She might just fall for it!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Good job man. If you know your going brushless at some point anyway, doing it right off the start is by far the cheapest way. Best deal for sure.

If your going to get yourself a truck, you better do it now. MERV's cost well over $300 plus tax when they arent on one of these crazy futureshop sales. Im actually thinking about buying another digger or a mini summit or something like that. Dang, theyre just too good a deal.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    I would love to get one for myself too and am having to really hold back right now, it's just not in the cards right now, too much stuff to pay for this time of year and my own hobby's are a little pricey...LOL

RC Qualifier
    I think you made a good decision getting the VXL right away, if it's too fast just gear it down, you may know this already but the 1/16 revo and gravedigger might want RPM suspension arms sooner than later. I love owning multiple RC's based on the same platform the spare parts thing is nice.
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    I think you made a good decision getting the VXL right away, if it's too fast just gear it down, you may know this already but the 1/16 revo and gravedigger might want RPM suspension arms sooner than later. I love owning multiple RC's based on the same platform the spare parts thing is nice.
    Thanks, I don't know much about these things yet but I'm learning, lots of good info on here to read and it seems most questions get answered right away, great place to come for info for sure and you guys can bet I'll be asking for advice, for now I'm gonna try her on training mode and see how it goes, she drives the digger at full speed mode just fine even in the snow so I think she'll be alright, I'm thinking I will go brushless on his digger in the spring, I already did the 4x4 and 2.4 TQi radio on it, I'm sure he won't be happy that his sisters truck is faster, lol.

RC Racer
    What would be the best upgrades to do right away to it? I was thinking servo since I already had one fail in my sons digger, any ideas on best things to do right away to prevent down time? Thanks

RC Racer
    Got a email from future shop that it has shipped, woo hoo, oh crap gotta keep reminding myself that this is my daughters truck not mine...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Other than the servo rpm arms, better carriers,steel hollow balls to reduce slop in the steering. Maybe a t bone bumper system that will take some hard hits

Time to buy you one!

RC Racer
    What servo should I buy? I had the 2080 servo go in the grave digger after about 20 runs and it took the ecs with it, I didn't know any better so I just put in another 2080, I replaced the 2.5 ecs with a XL5 because the LHS told me that if the servo went again the XL5 would be fine, I need to figure out which servo to go with and order two I guess, or maybe order a new better one for the merv and put the other 2080 on the digger for a dual setup? thoughts?

Thanks, John

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a hitec 5085 that works great. I would pu a better aluminum horn. Check out below there's a few servo threads

RC Qualifier
    to reduce downtime I think the biggest thing is batteries LOL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CHKMATE ELUDER View Post
    What servo should I buy?
    I got the HS-5086WP because its waterproof and digital. Needs a bit of persuasion to fit but there is a tutorial online that if followed makes it straightforward. Really happy with it so far.

RC Qualifier
    As for other upgrades the first thing i needed (after the servo) was knuckles because the stocks ones are sloppy. Mixed reviews on here as to which ones to chose but i went for RPM.

RC Racer
    Woo Hoo, it was delivered to my house this morning! I'm not home till Sunday but I'll snap a few pics of my daughter opening it up and taking it for a burn when I get home.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That will be exciting! Unless she wanted a Barbie!

RC Competitor
    good idea to get em started early

RC Racer
    Well I finally made it home just now and had to open it up, first impression, wow is this thing small, did a few laps in the garage and she rips, even with one battery, I have to change the pinion gear to run two batteries it says in the manual, think I'll leave it alone for now till she gets use to it.

The "kids" collection grows

I'll get some pics of the kids running tomorrow I hope, it's really cold here right now, plastic and cold don't mix well.

RC Racer
    Running in the living room, after taking this thing outside and seeing how fun brushless is I already went and bought a vxl set up for the Digger, not fair that he has to lose to his sister now is it, haha, turns out Future Shop had them on sale too so that was a bonus! still need to get whatever parts needed to complete the switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ri7p...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by CHKMATE ELUDER; 01-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.

RC Racer
    Here it is running with two 1200 nimh in series, must have looked pretty stupid standing in the road with my ATV helmet on but oh well, LOL it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5Q0...ature=youtu.be

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Series is pretty hard on it! And the diffs

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Series is pretty hard on it! And the diffs
    Yeah I lust wanted to try it, it's run in parallel on training mode 99.9% of the time, I need my own so I don't wreak the kids stuff, haha