RC Qualifier

Rear spoiler how to.

I've had more than one pm me about the rear wing so I thought I'd post a little info about it. I apologize for the crappy pictures but my car just went through a little trauma so the wing is not exactly in the best shape.

The wing is really super simple. First you need a chassis mount. I just used a small strip of aluminum with one bolt hole through it. Leave the strip a little long and it will bottom against the chassis and this will keep it from pushing down eliminating the need for more fasteners. Then drill another bolt hole just outside of the chassis to mount the wing strut.

Then, I used a couple of traxxas links that are about 3.7 inches center to center. These go to a strip of aluminium under the wing that will be your upper strut mount. Just bend a strip in a bench vise and drill some holes. Changing the length of the strut is how you adjust wing angle and consequently rear down force. Be aware.......this thing WORKS, and small changes can drastically effect the way your car performs at high speeds. I can't stress this enough.

The wing itself is just a sheet of lexan (I think I used the 3 mil stuff available at LHS) that you trim to fit the car and then bend the edges down for strength. Mine is about 3.5 inches deep at the center of the car. I usually just tape it to the car at the front. If you are worried about looks, clear tape works well.

I wish I had some better assembled pictures but that's not gonna happen until I get my new body together. If you have any questions, just ask and I'll try and answer them in here.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Racer
    Stench!!!! your beautiful car!!!

RC Qualifier
    I know, right.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks alot man gonna try that out. Your car still looked the fastest compared to that other guys. If its not too much trouble can we see the rest of the damage please.