RC Qualifier

Speed for stampede 4x4 vxl with 17/54 gearing on 2s...

The speed chart below from Traxxas does not show the speed for the stampede 4x4 vxl with a 11/54 gearing on a 2s lipo. Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance!

RC Qualifier
    The title should be: Speed for stampede 4x4 vxl with 11/54 (stock gearing) on 2s...

The speed chart above does not show it.

RC Champion
    I believe the rule is that the less teeth you run on the pinion, the lower your top speed will be, but you will gain more low-end torque and acceleration.With that in mind and referencing to the chart, your speed would be under 40 for sure. Here's a speed calculator some people use. Just type in your info: http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    I believe the rule is that the less teeth you run on the pinion, the lower your top speed will be, but you will gain more low-end torque and acceleration.With that in mind and referencing to the chart, your speed would be under 40 for sure. Here's a speed calculator some people use. Just type in your info: http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
    Thanks for the link man! I would want to change my pinion today to the 17/54 while running with the 2s lipo. Not advisable to run on grass huh?

RC Qualifier
    I agree dgudenau, you will probably see around 30 MPH or so. That chart does show 11/54 on 7 cell nimh @8.4 volts. Your 2s is 7.2v but with a bit more punch from a standstill. If you're looking for speed, 11/54 on 2s won't really deliver.
    Last edited by 4-wheelin; 01-14-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?