Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

The Annihilator gets annihilated.....

Stuck my car into a guard rail at 111 yesterday. Destroyed lots of stuff. Kind of demoralized right now honestly. Not sure if I'm gonna rebuild yet or not. Some of the parts I never even found as the car was scattered down an embankment. Sucks because I have 8s batteries on the way.

I made some changes to the car to try and fix the aero problems I have had but in the process removed to much rear bite. Also made a change that unexpectedly added power. When you combine the two, the car will now fry the tires at 110 mph which is why the rear keeps kicking out. I should have just lifted when it did it the first time but like an idiot I got back in it.

Anyhow.....makes for a spectacular crash vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCblMr7dSdU
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

OUCH!!!! That sucks dude.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Man! Lucky it didn't hit you. Looks like it was kinda close.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for the lose, rebuild and keep going, maybe people can understand now how truly hard going 100 is, anyway hope you rebuild and make it better than before, you xo-1 guys may be getting close to the record from other GPS vids I have seen, it's truly remarkable, god bless and good luck with whatever you decide

Sent from my iPhone 5

Dude I am sorry to see that ,but seeing it in slow mo was pretty spectacular.
    Man would hate to get hit by one of those...ouch

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    OUCH! That stinks. Take your time grieving, and then rebuild. It does show those of us that haven't driven one, the extreme danger and skills required. Along with a huge amount of space.
    Sorry for your loss, but thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Sl4sh with CC MMP 3800, 2 mervs, a 3905 BL eMaxx,

RC Qualifier
    That sucks dude, but let see the aftermath.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Racer
    Pretty close to running into you.
    I think you hold the World's Fastest Speed Record for a LiPo battery.

Sent from Mars Curiosity.
    Last edited by BAD RC; 01-14-2013 at 01:48 PM.

I know the feeling, ran my Racemaxx into a chevy S-10 at full speed without the lid on and it hit his crossmember,, Chassis, Tranny, Diffs, CB, clutch and a few other things totally ruined....

The ONLY cure for my depression..... UPGRADE!!!!!!

Good luck, and sorry to hear of your wreck..
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Mental note to watch it when I get home. Cannot view YouTube here at work. Some computers had access but IT found them.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Dang... I'm really sorry to see that. I know you've spent a lot of time with that car.

Keep your head up and rebuild it. I had the exact same thing happen on my 8s set-up the 2nd or 3rd time I took it out. I know exactly how you feel... I was so bummed out when I saw the car explode into a curb. That was the last time that I ran foams on the 8s set-up. As soon as the back end lost traction it did a 90 degree turn (exactly like yours did) and went straight into a curb at 75mph. I had about $350-$400 worth of damage... but your wreck makes mine look like nothing.

On a side note, that's the best RC wreck I've seen to date on youtube, lol. You're gonna get a ton of hits on that one. You couldn't ask for a better camera angle.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-14-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Content
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Racer
    HOLY BANANA dude, that's one of the COOLEST XO-1 crash vid I've seen on Youtube!!!

RC Racer
    Wow sorry for the loss...
    But like others have said... Nice vid.. love the tire coming into frame...

Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Wow sorry for the loss...
    But like others have said... Nice vid.. love the tire coming into frame...
    There is juuussst enough time to say, "Wait for it..." and then the wheel and arm assembly come into frame. It's hard to time it that well!
    My condolences.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Check out my Traxxas 6400 mah "extra soft pack". Believe it or not, this thing still works.

RC Qualifier
    I feel the pain... Yesterday I ran my xo-1 at about 55...kept laying into the throttle and at about 75/85 I went airborne and she slammed sideways into the curb... Thing of beauty in the air... Like slow mo in the movies then crash... So I know how you feeling man... Chin up... Slow rebuild... Just ordered my parts... Do tower with discount code... Pm me for code if you wish... Loved the vid anyways... Thanks for posting...

RC Champion
    like you said....."spectacular crash vid"

Sorry to see you had a bad day, but at least its rebuildable. They can make it faster, stronger......they have the technology....

Question, if you do that again, can you do it closer to the camera? KIDDING sorry, had to be silly to help lighten the mood.

"Red"

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I guess I'll patch it back up. Already sent some of the electronics back to Castle for repairs. Gotta get busy with Ebay I guess. Heck, I'm this far in to it, I can't quit now. It'll be back better than ever and 8S. I'm pretty sure I know what mistakes I made that caused this and I have a plan to fix it. It will involve welding and customizing the rear bulkhead but it should give me more options.

RC Qualifier
    sad to see that , ive had couple of those parts flying off after impact moments .. wish they were recorded though lol thankfully it lost it as it passed you and not 30 feet before . I took my boys legs out with xo1 and made him do the nestea plunge it flew same way that did . wish I knew how to edit the video and slomo so I could just show that part of the clip instead of the pre and after lol goodluck youll be ok
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    Man that really sucks. Was there anything that was salvagable ?? By watching the vid it looks like a complete loss. There are a few NIB on ebay for $749.00. Don't know how much was lost or usable just throwing this up in the air for you. You'll get it back together and it will be better than ever. Time consuming but you'll get it.

RC Racer
    dude i cant stop watching this vid!!!! i've replayed it 7 times already!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Really sorry to see this happen. I know you have spent a lot of time with this car. Please rebuild it and don't let this discourage you.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post
    dude i cant stop watching this vid!!!! i've replayed it 7 times already!!!
    Same here. I shared it with a few non-rc friends, and they can't seem to get over the speed ...and the crash.

RC Qualifier
    wow...just wow. I can't imagine the pain you went though when that happened; i myself would of probably dropped to my knees and cried. Best of luck.. and again i am sorry for you.
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

I had destruction like that once with my NTC3+ and i had all of about $400 into it. I can only imagine how it feels to have seen a car worth as much as an XO-1 Plus mods shatter like that.

RC Qualifier
    It hurt watching this so bad it made me decide to sell my car. You are a bigger man than I am. I would have been on the ground throwing the biggest temper tantrum ever by an adult!
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    It hurt watching this so bad it made me decide to sell my car. You are a bigger man than I am. I would have been on the ground throwing the biggest temper tantrum ever by an adult!
    You're not gonna sell it.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    LOL i dont think so either. it's going to look super nice with the custom parts ive sent

RC poster
    Well, the good thing is that Traxxas still make parts
    Is it so bad that it actually would be cheaper to buy a complete roller?

RC Qualifier
    A strange observation I've made.....over the past few months after modding about everything on the car, I haven't really tore up much of anything. I used to go through about 2 control arms a week from crashes. After I fixed the cars handling, I hadn't broken one since. Until now. And I have crashed it plenty of times but for whatever reason, I didn't break anymore control arms. Wierd.

Anyhow, the worst part about the whole deal is the labor. Having to re-customize all the new replacement parts will take some time but I guess it could be worse. Believe it or not, the back half of the car got away relatively unscathed somehow. I don't want to post pictures yet because I kind of want to keep my "heart of darkness" idiot speed propulsion system under wraps for a while longer. But lets just say that when this thing begins a pass, your looking at at least 3500 dollars worth of junk riding down the highway. I'm just glad this didn't happen at 140. Could have been worse.

Keep in mind, the crash was actually worse that what it looks like in the vid. Your only seeing half the parts spray out. The other half went off camera down the embankment. Some of that stuff I never found. The part that comes by you in the video is the gps.

RC Qualifier
    For whatever reason, this video is causing people to comment and subscribe on youtube. Wierd. Any suggestions what I should change the tags too, etc? I don't know much about youtube.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    For whatever reason, this video is causing people to comment and subscribe on youtube. Wierd. Any suggestions what I should change the tags too, etc? I don't know much about youtube.
    xo-1, crash, epic, 100 mph, fastest rc crash, fastest rc ect...
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Like posted above it is one of the, (sorry to say this), best crash videos posted to date, you are going to get a bunch of people who enjoy the crashes more than the run itself I guess. Someone mentioned this in another thread, that crashes get more attention then speed runs. Maybe you will hit 1 million and get paid, lol, hope you rebuild and keep going, again you guys get props it takes some mad skill to keep a car straight at 100+. Now get going on that rebuild lol. God bless and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    What a phenomenal crash.

I'm sorry it hooked straight into the guard rail, but rebuilding it will definitely prove worthwhile. Your posted work here is intriguing and I know we all look forward to seeing you get back 'up to speed' soon!

RC Racer
    That was nuts!! Never seen such a bad crash. EVER!!

RC Qualifier
    you should be a to get most of those parts from the ebay auction chopshop and if you get them all in same order he will hook u up with shipping thts if you can get them cheap .once had gotten almost whole roller , chassis ,center drive stuff and all plastics for under $40 bucks once all i needed was drive shafts and castor and steering hardware
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 01-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    You should get nominated for Academy Awards or Oscars. Can you get us pictures of whats left of the Xo-1.

Dude that was super mental i hope you get back on with the 8s monster....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    The worst part about this whole deal is I have to sit here and look at this pile of twisted parts for at least a couple of weeks without being able to get it going again. Batteries are here too. Not quite the ones I ordered but there here.

I know that feeling all to well, smaller scale and cheaper pile of parts but i went through the same thing waiting for replacement parts on my NTC3+ back in 2011.
    It is kinda deflating knowing there's a destroyed car in that box on the shelf.

It can be rebuilt, you have the technology
    Bigger, Badder, Faster, Stronger