Thread: Broken rim

RC poster

Broken rim

Well... I've been a T-Maxx guy for a long time, but I recently bought a Jato 3.3. Right off the bat, I upgraded everything I thought would break.

Front and Rear RPM A-Arms
    RPM Large Bumper
    Traxxas Aluminum Front and Rear Castor Blocks
    Traxxas Aluminum Steering Blocks
    Traxxas CVDs
    Integy Roll bar
    500k diff fluid

I modified the body to fit around the roll bar.

I broke in the engine the other day and I got a good run in today, until I got enough speed to shift into 2nd gear. It popped a wheelie in 2nd gear and I lost control and hit a curb - going god knows how fast. The rim broke on the front wheel.

My big question is, who makes the strongest rim?

RC Competitor
    Best thing to do is buy a new rim. I had the same problem i upgraded swind arms and stuff with aluminum and thats the
    worst thing you can do. So buy all stock parts for the car because traxxas supplies very flexible plastic. So just get
    the rim from traxxas.
    Traxxas-WRX
    Jato3.3

RC Qualifier
    You don't want strong rims. Strong rims = bent/out of shape rims.

RC Champion
    You will always break parts in RC...you wont make a bullet proof kit...rims break...especially when plastic meets solid concrete at speed. But I have always gone with proline rims and tires and have always been more than pleased with my purchase.
    R/C is expensive...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_K1d View Post
    You will always break parts in RC...you wont make a bullet proof kit...rims break...especially when plastic meets solid concrete at speed. But I have always gone with proline rims and tires and have always been more than pleased with my purchase.
    Proline really are the best imho. They're plastic rims as well, so they flex, not always snap/warp.