Hybrid View

RC Competitor

Installed sway bars, now rear sits real low... tips?

Hey all... I installed sway bars on my nitro slayer pro, and I must say I cannot believe the truck is not sold with them stock... the benefit is unbelievable. I can now run the truck flat stick around local sports field without it flipping/rolling on me.

Now I'm running flat out I notice the rear of the truck sits right down on the shocks, leaving no room for them if I hit something needing absorption. How can I 'pump up' the back of the truck when its running flat out?

Hard to see when truck isn't moving, but its kinda shown in below photo...

Thanks guys

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Qualifier
    If this is a recent problem, CLEAN IT. Make sure nothing is binding. Binding will cause the suspension to be much more static, usually in a lower position.

If this is not the problem, you can tighten the pre-load on the rear springs to raise the rear. Heavier springs can also help the ride height but will also stiffen the ride.

If your problem only happens during heavy acceleration, a combination of a more pre-load and a heavier oil is your best bet.

RC Competitor
    I have not looked into the pre load adjuster, I will do.

I just took for another spin, on closer inspection the rear sits down under acceleration, then doesn't sit back up until I physically lift the car up.

Now I do think this has only happened since sway bars installed...

Cheers
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I had the same issue, and did two simple fixes to make it go almost totally away. First, as said above, dial in some more pre-load. I also got a set of Progressive 1 suspension rockers. I left the 2's it had on the front and put the 1's on the rear. Now, under acceleration is sits slightly down in the rear without bottoming out, but it comes right back up.

And you're right, sway bars should be standard-issue on this truck. It makes a world of difference!