RC Competitor

Jato Pistion Question.

Hey guys i am wondering what are some possible mods that can upgrade the power of my
    Jato3.3. Also is it possible to get a bored out piston for the jato3.3. Please drop a comment
    letting me know and other users if there is any way to produce more power.
    Traxxas-WRX
    Jato3.3

RC Qualifier
    I guess ultimately, you'd be better off with a new engine. You can also get an "extended chassis" which allows you to fit big block motors for bulk power.

If you search "nitro engine porting" on Google, you should get some interesting results.

RC Competitor
    Okay thanks alot.
    Traxxas-WRX
    Jato3.3

RC Champion
    I don't recommend attempting to modify your own engine, if you don't know what you are doing you will end up doing more harm than good and most likely completely mess up your engine. However there are engine modification services around the web that do know what they are doing and will increase the power of a 3.3 engine. The popular guy around the traxxas forum...well at least from my memory is AB mods. I get my engines modified by clockwork race engines..however they deal more in .21 size 1/8 race engines. RB mods is another modification service that is reputable.
    R/C is expensive...

RC Qualifier
    If you want more power, I would look for big block mod's. Some folks have done some 3.3 tuning by porting the stock sleeve. Check out the Revo 3.3 forums for those posts.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

AB and RB as mentioned, I believe there is EB mods too. I and some others have had decent--albeit not mind blowing--gains with porting of the sleeve and crank. A decent pipe--THS--and a different carb (check the huge thread in the Slayer section) will also unleash some power.
    The Super Derecho