RC Racer

Xo-1 roof reinforcement

What can I add to my roof to strengthen it for those drags when I flip. I read that someone put carbon fiber on the roof. Is there a material I can add other than carbon... some rubber or anything that you can stick to the roof. I dont care how it looks, just want something to work as a bumper on top of the roof for added protection.

XO-1 / Hpi Vorza Flux/ Jato 3.3 / Tmaxx 3.3 / OFNA LX2

RC Qualifier
    I have been thinking about the same thing, but other than gorrilla tape on the inside I don't know what else I am going to do. The best thing would be to put some type of thin metal across the top if you really want to protect it. I think someone on here riveted metal pieces on top of their car.

Two problem putting stuff on the top of the car or even on the inside top are you are messing up the airflow in one way or another and you are making the car top heavy.

I am more focused on trying to figure out what kind of roll cage type bracket to put in the car to prevent the rest of my car's components from being damaged in a roll over. Bodies are cheap, electronics aren't.
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    would it be possible to put a standpost/body post from the center mid brace?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...4-My-XO-1-mods post #28. It's holding up better than I had expected.

RC Racer
    has anyone tried spray truck bed liner inside the body ?

RC Racer
    I did the rubberized undercoat spray and it worked perfectly to stiffen the body with slight flex... Perfect... But on impact it caused my body to shatter... Expensive to buy new body every time I crash ugh ... Will try some Kevlar on the roof then cover with carbon tape... My painful rebuild begins...