RC Enthusiast

Question MIP CVD Assembly

Well, after my first 2 runs of changing to lipo I destroyed 2 sets of plastic CVDs. Good thing I was anticipating this and asked for MIP CVDs for Christmas!

I assembled them last night using red loctite after cleaning all the pieces. I am sure I should know the answer to the following question, what do you use for lube on the splines? The directions say to use moly, what is that?

Thanks for all your help guys!!

RC Qualifier
    Congratulations on taking your time to assemble the MIPS correctly. Moly is bearing grease used on automobiles. I use a brand from auto zone. I use a very small amount as too much will attract dirt, dust... Etc. Just a small amount on all moving parts and the splines will do you. Some people on here go totally dry, but I like a little bit of lube. Hope this helps you out, and good luck with your MIPS.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks! I will go out and read the label on my bearing grease in the shop.

Also look into graphite grease it does not pick up dirt and is very low wear on parts i have been using it on my mips for about 1 1/2 years now and its awesome man....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    When I used black/moly grease, I got too much sand sticking in the grooves. I've switched to Liquid Wrench Dry Spray Lube from Lowes. Doesn't attract near the amound of sand particles getting into the splines.