I've ruled out auto pause feature for the simple fact that total time runs regardless. Once you press start, total time starts. When you press stop, total time stops. You have 2 more different time slots that will be affected by auto pause. One is rest time, that will start counting up once auto pause is initiated. The other is the time slot, it will just say "time", and that will stop and resume as auto pause works. And in the video, he isn't using either of the two. He's using the total time slot, which starts and stops only by pressing start/stop button. Auto pause does not affect total time.
I got skills!
I never knew why anybody ever believed this video in the first place.
The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.
In the info on his Youtube video, he says he paused the timer as he checked the speed on the GPS.
Congratulations to tyler2474... he can actually read unlike a lot of the people on the internet that cannot. He is correct, I paused the timer at the end of the video. You can clearly see me doing so in the video.
I'm not really sure why I am typing this again... because I know nobody on the internet reads anything. So here goes...
1) The video is authentic. I have better things to do than to 'fake' a video. Last time I checked, nobody else has posted anything close to this with any sort of evidence as I have.
2) Very poor launch
3) Camera man standing way entirely too close to the launch position (maybe 300ft or so?)
4) XO1 is doing about 80mph when it passes by camera
5) I did not lay into full throttle until about 200-300ft AFTER the xo1 passed by me. You can clearly hear the motor when full throttle is applied from very far away. If you have ever driven a car like this you know by now you cannot slam into the throttle immediately. It is a smooth transition into full throttle and actually does require skill to drive this vehicle at these speeds.
6) I ran the car out of range. I think a distance of 1600-1700ft was used for this pass. It could be due to slighly weak batteries in the tqi and it lost signal while it was stopping. This is why I had to walk towards the car in order to regain signal and drive it back. I have not had this happen again once putting in new batteries.
Ugliest xo1 body FTW!!!
Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-26-2013 at 09:59 AM.
E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4
This thread has run it's course and is now being closed before it degrades any further.
Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
SPC Lipo Power