RC poster

Angry traxxas 1/10 rally cheeply made

On christmas my dad got me a rally and with in five minutes the chassis broke I was mabe going 10mph and it cracked so I did do anything to the chassis because it take forever to get a new chassis do you guys know where to get one soon

RC Champion
    Traxxas has them, same with Ebay but the ones I see on Ebay currently are ridiculously priced. Liquid RC as well.

Looks like there is one left at LiquidRC (Just checked now). Or call Traxxas up and order one, or do it online through BuyTraxxas (says they are out of stock). I got one from them when it said out of stock, called Traxxas up and they had them.

By the way how did you break the chassis? Got pics? Where did it break and is it the chassis or bulkhead that broke. If it was really cold weather, it makes the plastic brittle.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think the VAST majority of people who have Rallys will strongly disagree with you. Im one of them. The Rally is not cheaply made at all. Strange things happen. If you hit it in just the wrong way it could have broken. But any RC could and does suffer the same problem. To use your first post for a complaint like this one... A simple call to traxxas support would probably have solved everything.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    how did you manage to break it at 10mph? some ppl here order it through buy traxxas but still have to wait few week(s), same with other distributors or maybe even longer. i got mine thru ebay chop shop, i guess i got lucky, seller posted it and i saw it so, i click buy it now, 4 days later it showed up in the mailbox.
    just keep an eye on them thru ebay, you might get lucky.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC poster
    I broke the chassis and bent the drive shaft and thanks for the site I am about to order

RC poster
    Traxxas would not do crap for me the said it was on back order it has been 3 weeks and I just called back and they still have no idea when it will be able to ship

RC Champion
    And bent the drive shaft LOL. I am sorry but 10mph, you had to be going faster than that man. And yeah I would disagree of course, Duh!! LOL. This thing and everything made by Traxxas is pretty good and durable, specially for bashing.

EDIT: Order the one from LiquidRC then In stock. Ebay they are asking $45 plus shipping, what a jip. Comes with nerf bars and battery strap but still
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    THeres no way that happened at 10mph. Ive run directly into a curb at well OVER 10 mph and nothing broke let alone bent driveshaft. You have to hit something HARD to bend the driveshaft. Heck, look at the slash 4X4... people bash the living crap out of those and ive only ever seen one or two bent ever.

Non the less, you can get new parts easily. Thats the great thing about traxxas. Parts are EVERYWHERE.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    I was going less than10mph I know I was the slash is a differnt chassis the rally has the new lcg chassis ( I know you know that) I found that the chassis is weak in my veiw

any pics? I too find it hard to believe an under 10mph impact broke anything.

Anything is possible i guess, just not very believable considering some of the abuse i have put my traxxas rigs through.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    I loved my rally for the 5 mins I had it it was stock with stock battery stock gear even if I hitthe curb at full speed I would only be going 25mph I have heard that if it is cold the plasitc gets brittle but still cmon it should not break this easy I love traxxas all the rcs I have are traxxas

RC poster
    I dont know how to post pics I would if I knew how

RC poster
    There r no scrapes on the bummpers I would think that the aarm would break befor the chassis but I have been a nitro person all my life

RC poster
    Thanks for the help if u want to keep talking later keep up with thispost tommarow

RC Competitor
    Just bad luck maybe ? I have had mine a the track a few times running a 3s lipo. Once jumped it right into a steel beam and barley a scratch. I'd call this car pretty durable. From what I have seen mine take, I can't imagine hitting an curb at low speed would break the chassis.

Were you diving it outside in extreme cold? That's really the only thing i could see doing this. But maybe only a chassis crack, cant see a bend in the DS though. Just not enough inertia at that slow speed.

RC Racer
    I have beat on my rally more then anything I let the nephews who don't know how to drive, beat it.all that has failed is the bearing adapter
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Ouch man sorry to hear about your carnage. Give us a little more insite on what happend, like outside temps, etc. I have many Traxxas RC's and have run them into planted objects w/o the luck you just had. I also don't get extreme temps either. You busted the driveshaft and chassis but nothing to the a arms is that correct?? Strange!! What kind of curb did you hit?? You might want to think about going with some RPM upgrades in the near future.

BTW please show us some pics......that would help us help you. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    When I was running it it was like 20 Degrees I will post pics as soon is I can but its and my other house I just about to rebuild the chassis with a strong Apoxsee I will keep u guys updated

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Make sure to take a lot of pics of your rebuild attempt. If it works out, your pics could help others to do the same fix.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    I have beat my rally way harder than it was ever designed too take. I'm extremely impressed with its durability.
    I have broken parts, but the impacts it has survived, far exceeds what I would expect, and have seen with other cars in the past.
    The only failure so far that was simply "cheap " was the stupid plastic bearing adapter that fried within a week of owning the car. Took the clutch with it. Replaced with the aluminum adapter, and problem solved.