RC Racer

What do I need to go brushless in 1/16th Grave Digger

Well my Daughter got her new merv this morning and this thing is way too much fun my Son was not to pleased about the whooping she laid on him, I looked at Future Shop and sure enough they have the 1/16th brushless setups on sale, I'm all about saving money so I grabbed one I know that I need a few parts to convert the digger but not sure what? Future Shop was no help, anyone might have part numbers?

Also will I need to change gearing? just running it with nimh for a while, that's plenty fast for them.

This entry level Digger has cost me a fortune, but now it is 4x4, brushless and TQi 2.4, only way to go.

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    7077 Gear cover/Hardware
    7090 Motor Plate
    7060 Motor Mount

For gearing, 23/50 would probably be a good place to start.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Thank you very much Sir!

RC Racer
    Since stock summit is 16/50 I think I might try that, can I go 16/55 just to slow it down a bit? then I can use the 55 thats on there now? I bought a 16 today but didn't get a different spur gear yet, guy at LHS recommended 16/55 but I don't always trust those guys.
    Last edited by CHKMATE ELUDER; 01-14-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Sure... it is not going to hurt anything to be under-geared, just over-geared.

RC Racer
    I am totally unimpressed with my local hobby shop, I ordered the needed parts for this on the 14th, they said about a week, then I called this past Monday and they said by the end of the week, today nothing, now they said the motor plate and mount are coming next week but the gear cover is back ordered.

I ordered a TQi on the 14th off eBay and had it by the 17th, and a VW bug body on the 21st and got it the 23rd, I try and support local when I can but they are just making it too hard, their prices are crazy and when I ask them a question I get either no answer or a wrong answer, just today when I called about the parts I asked what shims I need for the diffs and if they have any, their response... They have no idea which ones to use, off to eBay I go, good thing I checked here before running the series connector for a longer run time like they told me, I thought having a good hobby shop so close would be a good thing far a guy like myself being that I know nothing about R/C's and am just getting my kids into a hobby but I guess not, thank god for this place!

It is hard to find a knowledgeable shop... things change rapidly in the RC industry and some owners are only there to sell and make money.