RC poster

New to hobby, new stampede 4x4, broken 1st run!

Hey all! Great community you have here! So i just grabbed a new stampede 4x4 vxl. Great truck! 1st run, only about 15 min on a 2s pack broke some stuff!

Broke wheelie bar (no biggie)
    stripped my spur gear (motor mount was loose - live and learn)
    but the real tick off was my esc mount (left side) broke off... There seems to be no easy fix. Anyone know what i can do? Think traxxas will warranty it? (it really only was 10-15 min tops) I tried 2 sided tape, but it doesn't sit on the chassis. I am really not that handy, i don't think i could machine an aluminum plate or anything fancy.

Its krazy glued for now but i know that it wont hold for more than 5 min of driving.

thanks for your help, and look forward to being an active part of the community!

RC poster
    Maybe the jump was too much? http://youtu.be/lP3DOQods5k

RC Champion
    Sorry to hear you broke a new truck. Traxxas might fix it under warranty.Worth asking traxxas support about it.
    When you get a brand new truck you should always go threw it. Make sure everything is tight and in good shape.You never can tell how they come off the assembly line.

RC Competitor
    Same thing happened to me, one screw was loose so the one tab on my esc broke 15 mins in also. I took mine out, sanded the smooth plastic so it was a bit rough, then used gorilla glue to glue the tab back on. Then I got small plastic pieces and glued them in the void under the tab. When I re-installed it, I used longer screws too. Hasn't given me any other issues since(about 8 x1 hour long bashing sessions). I did originally call traxxas and they agreed to replace it under warranty, but never sent me the email they said they would, but since I fixed it i didn't bother following up with them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
    Same thing happened to me, one screw was loose so the one tab on my esc broke 15 mins in also. I took mine out, sanded the smooth plastic so it was a bit rough, then used gorilla glue to glue the tab back on. Then I got small plastic pieces and glued them in the void under the tab. When I re-installed it, I used longer screws too. Hasn't given me any other issues since(about 8 x1 hour long bashing sessions). I did originally call traxxas and they agreed to replace it under warranty, but never sent me the email they said they would, but since I fixed it i didn't bother following up with them.
    Same thing happened to me except the tab didn't break off. I replaced the stock screw with a wood screw that was slightly larger, wider threads, and long enough to be flush with the bottom of the chassis. That was 10 months ago. It's been removed and replaced several times, and still holds fine.

RC Qualifier
    contact traxxas they will warranty it. i had the same issue they replaced my esc. oh yeah that jump wasnt too much. plenty of people have jumped their stampede a lot higher

RC poster
    thanks guys! I have an email in to support... If they don't respond soon ill call em... I came across a mount made for a slash, think it will fit the stampede? http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=651

Not sure if were allowed to post links.. if not it is a STRC CNC Machined Electronics Plate for Slash 4x4 (

RC Competitor
    lol welcome to my life man both esc tabs are broke on mine. the thing is ziptied down

RC poster
    sorry you busted up your rig, but that.was.awesome!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by djtj View Post
    thanks guys! I have an email in to support... If they don't respond soon ill call em... I came across a mount made for a slash, think it will fit the stampede? http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=651

Not sure if were allowed to post links.. if not it is a STRC CNC Machined Electronics Plate for Slash 4x4 (
    I doubt it. The slash has a different layout. Stampede bolts right onto the chassis.