RC Competitor

How Waterproof.....

Just a quick question... Is the 1/16 as waterproof as the 1/10? Ive seen videos of where they toss the 1/10 into a pond and drive it out. Is the 1/16 the same? I had mine underwater once and it didn't seem to hurt anything but would it eventually? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    It will run but water gets in everything eventually over time. The term "waterproof" is used losely, I think water resistant would be more appropriate. Bearings are not "sealed" they just have a dust seal and there's an open slot in the bottom of the bulkheads... hopefully it's full of grease which will keep the splash out. And remember your physics deeper water = more pressure forcing water in so stay out of the deep end !

RC Competitor
    Alright.. Are there any things I need to do after running it in water?

RC Qualifier
    Personally, I blow it off with air but that could force water in if your not careful. Ultimately you wanna dry it somehow if you can, the faster the better. There's no easy solution - corrosion and wear is the price we pay for having fun!

RC Champion
    I'm sure it will handle all the splashing,and small puddle/stream crossing you can throw at it.
    But start treating it like a submarine...and you're going to have issues eventually.lol
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    ha - exactly !

RC Competitor
    Alright thanks

RC Enthusiast
    The manual specifically says that "Although is water resistant, it should not be treated as it is fully summer able or totally, 100% water proof." I learned that the hard way, I rusted over a transmission gear, and on a different, servo wear note, stripped out a steering servo gear.