RC Competitor

RPM Center Skid issue

Well I bought the RPM skid plates, and I don't like how it leaves part of the transmission uncovered, whereas the stocker covered it nicely. Kinda stupid of RPM to leave it exposed like that if you ask me . Any simple solutions to use both skid plates like the front & rear? Looks like i'd have to grind down the grooves on the underside of the RPM, but that might cause some wiggle room.
    Last edited by Rocklobst3r; 01-13-2013 at 03:24 AM.

RC Champion
    Pictures please...may have the wrong parts

RC Champion
    What model of E-Maxx do you have? There are 2 different sets of RPM Skid Plates for the E-Maxx.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Champion
    Here is pictures of the RPM 3 pc skid plate kit for the 3903/3905 and 3908 E Maxx. It leave a portion of the tranny exposed but not enough that I've been able to do any damage. You gotta figure that more that 50% of the time you are moving forward over terrain and obstacles. Buy the time the front skid plates slides over rock or something, the next place it's gonna hit is the middle portion of the center skid plate.

RC Competitor
    I got the right parts, it's just like M n M's. I do a lot of "crawling" over rocks and logs so my underside gets beat up...somethings bound to get hung up in there eventually. I know i'm always pulling stuff out from the back

RC Champion
    Sounds like a good time to start fabricating a custom skid plate that covers the remainder of the tranny and drive shaft.

RC Qualifier
    with the rpm center skid do you still use the Traxxas skid under it or not?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by staab08 View Post
    with the rpm center skid do you still use the Traxxas skid under it or not?
    Front and rear, yes. The stock center skid is eliminated with the RPM 3 piece set.

I dont use the center stock skid either only front and rear. I know with the center wear plate it doesnt cover the whole drive line but neither does the stock even less there so i think overall RPM did ok on that area could have maybe went all the way but how would you bolt it down secure to benefit really
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    the main reason I'm asking is because I don't have the stock center skid and wanted to know if I needed to order one to use with the rpm plates

you will be a ok with the RPM wear plates. enjoy as well

RC Qualifier
    alright awesome thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    If you do crawling actually the rpm skids will not help you since they take clearance from your truck. I am not big fan of these skids (even though I have in my Maxx), but just wait to see many people bashing my opinion....
    Not enough space here

I agree they do take away from clearance that is no debate to me but they do work and are a better buy than alum. Or just keeping stock.