RC Enthusiast

New e-maxx owner!! :)

Hi everyone, a very new and proud E-Maxx owner here!! This truck is freaking AWESOME!!!!! I love this thing. So far all I have done is swapped out the radio system for my main system that I use for all my vehicles, put some 40wt shock oil in, and moved the shocks one notch in. I look forward to many a bash sessions with this truck.

Here is my first video!! And if you like it and want to see more, subscribe and keep an eye out. Happy RCing everyone, I know I am!!!

http://youtu.be/NMwDghzsWIQ

RC poster
    How do you change the oil in the shocks?

RC Champion
    How is that 40wt oil working out? My stock setup feels kind of squishy.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    How do you change the oil in the shocks?
    You have to take the shocks of to do it. Remove wheels, remove toe links, two screws per shock. Remove spring from shock then unscrew the top. Drain oil, clean out shock, and add new desired weight shock oil. Do one corner of truck at a time.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    How is that 40wt oil working out? My stock setup feels kind of squishy.
    I like the feel of the 40wt, but I agree still squishy. I'm thinking about trying a stiffer spring first and if that doesn't feel right I'll replace the shock pistons with the single hole ones. I believe stock comes with the two hole pistons installed. Although in the video it does well, just bottoms out too much for my liking.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider7285 View Post
    I like the feel of the 40wt, but I agree still squishy. I'm thinking about trying a stiffer spring first and if that doesn't feel right I'll replace the shock pistons with the single hole ones. I believe stock comes with the two hole pistons installed. Although in the video it does well, just bottoms out too much for my liking.
    Good to know...thanks.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider7285 View Post
    Try moving the shocks to the outer mounting position in the a arms. It works like a stiffer spring even though you may loose a bit of clearance.
    Not enough space here

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fvj View Post
    Try moving the shocks to the outer mounting position in the a arms. It works like a stiffer spring even though you may loose a bit of clearance.
    thank you, i will look at it and see what the clearance difference is.