RC Enthusiast

Mama monster 2200 combo vs xerun 2000kv combo

I'm trying to decide which system to buy. I will either be running on 4s or 6s. Will either of them be able to run on snow?

RC Qualifier
    That's the same question I'm asking? The Mamba Monster 2 comes in anytime soon and it's water proof
    and in combo form i.e. complete with 2200kw Castle neu for 296$

The Xerun , I don't think is as water resistant but retails for less that $200us.

I'm also looking at Hobbywing SC8 esc and the same xerun motor , but it's 4s limit.
    Here in the UK, but Maxx back in New Zealand

I've got both combos and the 2200 is a good bit faster. the 2000 isn't a bad motor, but i've found that i need to gear it REALLY high to get it to wake up. That's not even an issue because it does run very cool, but i can run faster with my 2200 on 4S than my 2000 geared on 5S with a big pinion. as far as torque..it's VERY close imo.
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, Slash 4x4, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    mamba monster 2200kv is NOT waterproof...so why have mamba monster 2 and not a motor to go with it?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How waterproof do you want a motor? Don't think a little splash will hurt it

I have the 120a wp hw combo 2000kv motor and have got it wet with fan on it still and its still running fine. I know what vxlrocket is saying about the motor though it does run really cool good thing because you don't have to have a cooling fan and can gear high and yes it is limited to only 4s but plenty and can have a huge range on gearing for any terrain you choose.
    Ooh yeah I have got the motor wet as well and its fine. I thought most brushless motors are waterproof. The vxl is its the esc's that have to be waterproof like on traxxas rc's. Maybe I have it wrong
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 01-13-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    DEU 8:18 ESV