RC Champion

Traxxas Upgrade Program

Well, I was just looking into trading in my electronics (motor/esc) from the E-Maxx I just bought and on it's way. Only to read at the bottom " only available for US customers ". You're kidding right? That kind of makes me mad, Why? You guys should really change that, I mean, not like the prices are much better if anything I could probably get it cheaper if I sold my electronics from my E-Maxx and bought the combo elsewhere but I like to give Traxxas my business. What's the reason behind this, we are paying customers to just like the USA, if you don't offer the same products and benefits to us then why sell them in Canada lol?

Not happy at all when I read that, only time I have been unhappy with Traxxas to be honest, well and the whole QR-1 Deal (what a joke, look at the forum, they should rename it Qr-1 " Support " Forums).

/end rant
    Last edited by Stephan81; 01-12-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Well, I was just looking into trading in my electronics (motor/esc) from the E-Maxx I just bought and on it's way. Only to read at the bottom " only available for US customers ". You're kidding right? That kind of makes me mad, Why? You guys should really change that, I mean, not like the prices are much better if anything I could probably get it cheaper if I sold my electronics from my E-Maxx and bought the combo elsewhere but I like to give Traxxas my business. What's the reason behind this, we are paying customers to just like the USA, if you don't offer the same products and benefits to us then why sell them in Canada lol?

Not happy at all when I read that, only time I have been unhappy with Traxxas to be honest, well and the whole QR-1 Deal (what a joke, look at the forum, they should rename it Qr-1 " Support " Forums).

/end rant
    Yup I was mad too! I wanted to upgrade my 2x4 slash to Vxl when I first bought it but instead had to spend the whole 200 dollars for it..

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You guys should be THANKFUL its not available in Canada. Its not a great deal, way better to sell your stock stuff and BUY a VXL. But its nice that traxxas offers it to those who dont want to do any extra work, but if you have enough computer savvy to get on this forum... you have enough to sell your stock system and buy a VXL. Youll save alot of money you can spend on other things.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Problem is if you sell online the shipping is like 60 bucks and if you sell local there is absolutely no market... But I kept my Xl-5 to put in my future axial honcho if I ever buy one.

Sent from my super super fast iPhone 4S in white!

RC Champion
    Shipping isn't that much LOL, but it aint cheap at the same time. Specially if the person wants tracking, never less than $22 for me to ship something with tracking, doesn't matter on size, a RTR usually cost me about $50 to ship.

Yeah you are right pave, the prices are not good at all, but I am sure there is tons of people that don't know any better on the prices, Traxxas being a entry level rc and lots of noobs buy them, and I am sure they look into the upgrade problem. Oh well, not like I would ever use the program once I seen the price LOL. At the same time it's just the principal of them singling us out.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

The program is not available at all internationally so it is hardly like canada has been singled out. Once you pay to send your item here, pay to send it back, pay for the Power up and pay any customs fees and import taxes, you are typically better off buying a new unit locally anyway.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn