RC Qualifier

Android app in the future?

I for one would LOVE an app for my phone to easily check pm's and threads. If alot of you agree, I think it would definitely be worthwhile for Traxxas to make an app. I think it would only need to support the "community" section of the website
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Tapatalk or converse are already out there. I don't see a point for Traxxas to make a specific app.

Maybe add some integration to the Link app for the iDevices at some point (if it isnt already there) but thats about it IMO
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    I use Tapatalk. I would LOVE an Android Link app! Why just iCrap?!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't use the traxxas app because I don't run traxxas radio, but I think it is more easy to do an app for an specific device like the apple products, than an app for all the different devices that run android, they all have diff sizes and connectors.

One app can be developed for different OS platforms, and it would not be hard at all.

I believe the reason they chose iPhone is for its case build. You get the same the shape/size iPhone regardless of carrier. With Android devices, they just come in so many variants. The only solution for Android devices would be a velcro type straps, but that would look just awful

Who knows, we might some Android love in the new year
    "We know who you are"

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    One app can be developed for different OS platforms, and it would not be hard at all.

I believe the reason they chose iPhone is for its case build. You get the same the shape/size iPhone regardless of carrier. With Android devices, they just come in so many variants. The only solution for Android devices would be a velcro type straps, but that would look just awful

Who knows, we might some Android love in the new year
    *cough * BlueTooth *cough * lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

*cough * BlueTooth *cough * lol.
    Then folks will be complaining about BT connectivity, lol. Plus the price of the TQ radios would go up, and Traxxas is a bout keeping their products affordable. Still, good idea...
    "We know who you are"

RC poster
    I wouldn't mind the velcro (or maybe other ideas) to get some options for telemetry.

Quote Originally Posted by pdl2mtl90 View Post
    I wouldn't mind the velcro (or maybe other ideas) to get some options for telemetry.
    If the right demand is there from Android users, I am sure Traxxas will answer the call.
    "We know who you are"

RC Qualifier
    Most newer phones have a STANDARD microusb port...
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    Most newer phones have a STANDARD microusb port...
    Never been an apple guy, do the iphones have the usb as well? i thought they were pretty good about sticking with the same flat plug for everything?

And phhhfppt to BT connectivity
    Probably 90% of all phone built in the last 5 years have BT built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Never been an apple guy, do the iphones have the usb as well? i thought they were pretty good about sticking with the same flat plug for everything?
    No, the new iPhone5 uses a new 8-prong connector, while the older versions used the 30-pin to USB connector.
    "We know who you are"

Ahh they did finally change it up. Wouldn't have known that if someone didn't say it. I try not to pay a lot of attention to Apple products, i don't want to get sucked in. I spend enough on RC and my other hobbies, don't need to be buying the new version phone/ipad/whatever every 6 months as well. lol

But seriously though, adding BT compatibility to something the scale of Traxxas shouldn't cost a whole lot to the end user at the end of the day. It is something i would love to see, I have 1 TQi right now on my Summit, but everything else is on my Spektrum. So there is zero drive for me to get an idevice in the first place just for adding telemetry the summit.

But i am almost ready to pull the cash out for a Rally. Wouldnt mind telemetry on there if/when i do get it.

RC poster
    One more : need "Link application" for android device...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pdl2mtl90 View Post
    All you need is a clamp, like those generic brackets to mount any phone in your car for GPS use. They work well and don't obstruct the screen.

As for the forum Tapatalk works great.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2