Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traxxas micro!

RC poster

Thumbs up Traxxas micro!

Who would buy a micro erevo im tired of having to get a losi micro I want a Traxxas micro to go with mt other Traxxas vehicles. Im posting this on multiple forums to show Traxxas we want this I sent Traxxas them this idea in an email 2years ago the rep said he would bring it up in their next meeting and he emailed me saying to make a forum and get signatures them they will make one. So let's show themthey need a waterproof micro
    Last edited by Summitbasher96; 01-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summitbasher96 View Post
    Who would buy a micro erevo? I'm tired of having to get a losi micro. I want a Traxxas micro to go with my other Traxxas vehicles. I'm posting this on multiple forums to show Traxxas we want this. I sent Traxxas this idea in an email 2 years ago the rep said he would bring it up in their next meeting. He emailed me saying to make a forum and get signatures them they will make one. So let's show themthey need a waterproof micro
    Fixed it for you. Trying to read it was making my head hurt.
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Competitor
    Put me down for a "NO" on this one. I know there is a micro following out there, but it's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls View Post
    Fixed it for you. Trying to read it was making my head hurt.

My 1/16 is micro enough.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Sign me up, I would love micro's, but upgraded (brushless) micro's.

RC poster
    Double g you made me laugh but the micro sct is way easier to work on than 1/16 but I prefer Traxxas they are my favorite brand. I feel bad for my losi micro all my other traxxas's pick on him cause he is losi lol
    Last edited by Summitbasher96; 01-04-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error

RC Racer
    A micro would be awsome i would seriously look at buying one
    Rustler VXL
    Merv
    Soon to be a Wraith owner :)

RC Qualifier
    Id buy at least 2! Micro summit, or a slash? Brushless or not, but Def needs to be a Traxxas product, I bought and sold many Losi, I hated them and the support sucked
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC poster
    this was my idea i started this in march last year this is what i sent

At 07:53 PM 3/23/2010 -0400, you wrote: Hello to my friends at Traxxas, first of all, I very much so love your products! Losi says there the leaders in R/C trucks and cars, this is because they have a variety in size of vehicles..... you guys deserve to be the leaders, you guys have 27 1/10th scale and 2 1/16 scale vehicles if only you have a 1:36th or 1:28th scale then you guys would be "the leaders in R/C cars and trucks" The other good thing of introducing micros is that there are millions of people whp live in aprtments and barley have enough room to run so they refer to micros and it seems you guys forgot about thoose millions of people!! Well luckily i have the idea and you guys have the possibility to make it!!

so heres the specs

Slash-89.99

Summit-109.99

Body Options are Summit, or Slash

The tires Micro Bead-lock Wheels #5875a

Have shaft driven four-wheel drive

To make this really unique waterproof it

a standard 2ch Traxxas remote #2222

4.8v battery with a very good amount of MAH preferably about 300 if possible

An esc capable of lipo stock

A 4 led light kit 2headlights and two tail lights

The summit should be lifted more than slash

So please send this to all workers and the ceo and when you recieve this just reply letting me know you read this. THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND CANT WAIT TO GET MYSELF A TRAXXAS MICRO

then they replied

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to sit down and write an e-mail to us about this. We certainly appreciate your effort and ideas! I will pass your e-mail on to our Product Development team for review in their next meeting! We are always happy to receive correspondence from TRAXXAS owners. This input helps us to continually improve our products and services.

Best regards, Steve Lindholm, TRAXXAS Customer Service

then i said

At 05:49 AM 3/26/2010 +0000, you wrote: More specs for veichlesSummit chasis should be aroung 6 1/2inches long Slash 6The tires on summit 2 1/4 inchSlash tires 1 3/4Friction damper shocks To remove body it needs 4pins like on 1/10th scales doThe summit should have exo-cage like 1/10th scaleSlash needs almost same bumper as full scaleYou should make it so like on 1/10th scale you can adjust the height of body mounts out that on micro but don't use screws use things like body clipsthreaded axels And you guys do the rest Thanks again

its kind of ironic 4months later losi announced an sct with theese specs

RC Champion
    I would buy as well. My dog would love chasing it so it would have to be tough. The waterproof would be ideal since a small puddle could be a lake for the micro scale.

*A locking/unlocking diff micro summit is what i want! *
    Last edited by anr2442; 01-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.

RC Champion
    Sure why not, if it gets some losi's off the lhs shelf.

RC Competitor
    I would like one. I could see running them around in the house when its not so nice outside. Or how about when your vegin' out on the sofa and set up a small track on your coffee table. Water proof would be nice but not necassary.
    I really should be working.

OOooooo.... Something new to collect dog hair... ummmm.... Pass...

You know what someone should do... Someone should come up with a thread with a catchy title, I don't know, maybe something like... "What would us loyal Traxxas customers like to see Traxxas make next?", this would be a great place to put all of our suggestions for new Traxxas RCs.... There might already be one... if only we had a darned Search button...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Greatscott....just because you dont like it doesnt mean its a bad idea. Its not our fault no one vacuums your place with your dogs, i got 3 cats and a dog and never have a prob running my LOSIs in the house. I also think alot of good ideas get lost in the "what would us loyal traxxas customers like to see Traxxas make next?" post. I say lets see a micro! Id buy alot....2 for me and many for gifts!....maybe you need to buy a vacuum or a roomba? just sayin?
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Now look I got two German shepherd dogs, a cat, bird, and countless chickens! Make a Rc Dyson!

RC Racer
    I would definitely pick up a pair to Race in the house. I am already looking at getting the Losi micro, but would prefer a traxxas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessrustler View Post
    Greatscott....just because you dont like it doesnt mean its a bad idea. Its not our fault no one vacuums your place with your dogs, i got 3 cats and a dog and never have a prob running my LOSIs in the house. I also think alot of good ideas get lost in the "what would us loyal traxxas customers like to see Traxxas make next?" post. I say lets see a micro! Id buy alot....2 for me and many for gifts!....maybe you need to buy a vacuum or a roomba? just sayin?
    I can say that my Pet Dyson and Swiffers get a daily workout, but with a 120-pound Double Rough-coat Anatolian Shepherd Dog, it is almost a loosing battle, even with a brushing a week, or three a week in spring when he is shedding his winter coat. I do like that RC Dyson idea though, Traxxas has partnered with Monster Jam, AMA, and CORR, prehaps this is another winner!!!

The dog hair is just an annoyance, the true reason I don't like Mircos are becasue they are boring. A couple of times the guys I bash with have gotten on the mirco kick; we've set up one of our garages as a micro track and had some fun racing, but that is about it. You can't run it outside, a pebble will destroy the thing, so it ends up just sitting on a shelf while you run your other RCs. After a while of not using it I decide that I am going to sell it and remember that the guys I bashed with enjoyed theirs and see if they want to buy it off of you. That is when you find out they were thinking the same thing, or have already given the mirco to a nephew or friend's kid.

As far as the cleanliness of my house goes, it is nice that you can comment on something that you know nothing about. I think Greenskeeper can attest, with big dogs, you can clean your house once an hour, and what the vacuum doesn't find the micro will pick up.

It also goes back to Traxxas. Look at the XO-1, not something that I'll likely ever get, 100+ MPH is impressive, but speed runs get boring after a couple of packs. BUT... there is a TON of innovation in the car, the high-speed tires, the power systems, the body, chassis design, the radio system, to flow of the air under the chassis (which is very cool!). A good many of the lessons Traxxas learned, and will learn once it gets out in the wild, will be used on its next generation of RC cars and trucks. Other than a micro RX, I can't see much inovation from a micro being used on Traxxas' other RCs. I'm no fan of the 1/16, but they have used that chassis to spawn some interesting RCs, I just don't see the a mircos doing that...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Personally, I'd love a traxxas micro. I have a few Losi trucks which I race at my lhs. One is fully stock and one is modded out. They are a lot of fun on the track, but unless you upgrade to brushless or lipo they're no fun outdoors. Also parts are dirt cheap so you don't have to worry about expensive repairs. The only thing is that losi micros are just frustrating. Their electronics need work, and some of the designs do too.

Whether its realistic or not, I fully support the idea of a traxxas micro. I'd sell all of my losi micros at the announcement of a traxxas.

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessrustler View Post
    The above is closer to flaming and/or personal attack than any member should ever come. I'd strongly suggest you watch closer what you post.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I would by a micro from Traxxas at the right price. I could take my truck out side in the cold snowy weather. But would rather sit in my living room with a small car.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    It would be really hard to make a waterproof, hobby grade, fast, LiPo (ok maybe not LiPo) capable, brushless, off-roading micro E-Revo. But then again, it is Traxxas. The Velineon would be hard to scale down and still keep the speed that Traxxas is hallmarked for. That would be kind of cool but as multiple people have said, it is a Bissel vac for dog hair, and my dog sheds like there is no tommorow. Not bashing your thread and/or dream, I'm just stating reality.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC poster
    I'd buy a micro vxl!! Maybe 1/18th scale so i could race them at my local hobbyshop

RC poster
    Hey, I like this idea put my name down also why does it have to just be a summit slash and e revo why not make a Micro rustler VXL or even a 1/16 rustler would be cool and the rustler has to be 2wd

RC poster
    MICRO XO-1! VXL with a tqi LOL or is this to high of expectations XD

RC Qualifier
    this was my idea i started this in march last year this is what i sent

At 07:53 PM 3/23/2010 -0400, you wrote: Hello to my friends at Traxxas, first of all, I very much so love your products! Losi says there the leaders in R/C trucks and cars, this is because they have a variety in size of vehicles..... you guys deserve to be the leaders, you guys have 27 1/10th scale and 2 1/16 scale vehicles if only you have a 1:36th or 1:28th scale then you guys would be "the leaders in R/C cars and trucks" The other good thing of introducing micros is that there are millions of people whp live in aprtments and barley have enough room to run so they refer to micros and it seems you guys forgot about thoose millions of people!! Well luckily i have the idea and you guys have the possibility to make it!!

so heres the specs

Slash-89.99

Summit-109.99

Body Options are Summit, or Slash

The tires Micro Bead-lock Wheels #5875a

Have shaft driven four-wheel drive

To make this really unique waterproof it

a standard 2ch Traxxas remote #2222

4.8v battery with a very good amount of MAH preferably about 300 if possible

An esc capable of lipo stock

A 4 led light kit 2headlights and two tail lights

The summit should be lifted more than slash

So please send this to all workers and the ceo and when you recieve this just reply letting me know you read this. THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND CANT WAIT TO GET MYSELF A TRAXXAS MICRO

then they replied

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to sit down and write an e-mail to us about this. We certainly appreciate your effort and ideas! I will pass your e-mail on to our Product Development team for review in their next meeting! We are always happy to receive correspondence from TRAXXAS owners. This input helps us to continually improve our products and services.

Best regards, Steve Lindholm, TRAXXAS Customer Service

then i said

At 05:49 AM 3/26/2010 +0000, you wrote: More specs for veichlesSummit chasis should be aroung 6 1/2inches long Slash 6The tires on summit 2 1/4 inchSlash tires 1 3/4Friction damper shocks To remove body it needs 4pins like on 1/10th scales doThe summit should have exo-cage like 1/10th scaleSlash needs almost same bumper as full scaleYou should make it so like on 1/10th scale you can adjust the height of body mounts out that on micro but don't use screws use things like body clipsthreaded axels And you guys do the rest Thanks again

its kind of ironic 4months later losi announced an sct with theese specs
    How did you contacted Traxxas?
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC poster
    Email

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

RC Qualifier
    Email

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network
    Yes, i know, but what is the address used?
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    Id be game for a mirco traxxas
    press the any key... where is the any key....

RC Competitor
    a micro would be awesome, id get 1

RC Qualifier
    Save one for me!!!
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cs3087 View Post
    MICRO XO-1! VXL with a tqi LOL or is this to high of expectations XD
    Yeah like a 1/16th scale with the same chassis as the larger one, this would be a big hit and I'm sure you guys would get all of the sells from people like me that aren't willing to drop that kind of money on the 1/7th scale
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas should offer all their trucks and cars in 1/16! I would buy a micro erevo or xo-1 1/24th scale!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978 View Post
    Yeah like a 1/16th scale with the same chassis as the larger one, this would be a big hit and I'm sure you guys would get all of the sells from people like me that aren't willing to drop that kind of money on the 1/7th scale
    They should also offer all vehicles like emaxx rustler bandit stampde electric 4tec in 1/16 and micro like 1/24 if they do i wouldn't be driving around a HPI MICRO RS4 ANYMORE! LOL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DBG View Post
    Yes, i know, but what is the address used?
    Support@traxxas.com

I email them all the time.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    Put me down for a no on this one. Now a 1/5 Summit would be something I would look at.
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcrawler View Post
    Put me down for a no on this one. Now a 1/5 Summit would be something I would look at.
    +1 although I'd prefer a 1/5 gasser over a summit any day.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    +1 although I'd prefer a 1/5 gasser over a summit any day.
    If it was diesel I'd lay down my money.
    Slash, Ken Block Fiesta
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcrawler View Post
    The normal summit is already massive!

RC poster
    Emailed them said they don't know just leave engineering to themselves probly a secret if it exists

RC Enthusiast
    a micro summit or e revo would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo awesome