RC Enthusiast

revo 3.3 gear upgrade

hi
    Im really new to revo 3.3 ownership (and rc in general) and its been a blast so far but unfortunately my ez start has burnt out so ive got a nice new revo sitting in front of me.....that i cant drive, but thats beside the point.
    im thinking when the trx 3.3 expires (or sooner) ill probably get an os.21tm for it, so my question is.....will the standard gears and driveshafts handle the extra power? i kind of want to keep reverse so which gears should i upgrade to hardened steel?
    im not to attached to reverse but its nice to have when the revo's stuck under a bush 100 feet away.

The Revo gears will handle the power of the O.S. The difference between it and the 3.3 is not a whole lot; however, if you go to a big block engine then you may want to consider upgrading.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    i just want to make it reliable, so i don't have to worry about striping gears or snaping driveshafts.

RC Competitor
    I run the .21tm. I just installer the traxxas foc. And my drivetrain is stock and handles it just fine. I think the best way is to replace what you break that way you dont spend $$$ on stuff you don't need. IMO

RC Enthusiast
    problem is, the closest hobby store to me only has a small range next closest is 6 hours away, plus I'm from australia so even with shipping it a lot cheaper to order anything from the states.
    i got my revo from tower and even with $180 shiping it was still $200 cheaper that buying it locally.