Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 189
  1. #41
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    I was actually thinking of doing that for my next project. Where is a good place to buy rit dye? K-mart? Walmart? Target?
    I found some black rit dye at my local Walmart in the the laundry detergent section.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    I found some black rit dye at my local Walmart in the the laundry detergent section.
    Will check Walmart out this weekend.

    Thanks man!

  3. #43
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    360
    I found mine at Kmart. I did my Slash and pede at the same time. Used the whole packet and left the bodies in hot water for a little ovwr an hour. Gives the truck such a new look. Totally worth it!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    I found mine at Kmart. I did my Slash and pede at the same time. Used the whole packet and left the bodies in hot water for a little ovwr an hour. Gives the truck such a new look. Totally worth it!
    Will check kmart out this weekend as well. I'll compare which one sells it the cheapest. Thanks!

    Btw, I just boil water until very hot, pour whole packet of rit dye, soak chassis a little over an hour and I'm all set right? Do I need to add anything on the hot water besides the rit dye?

  5. #45
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    360
    Pretty much, yes thats what you do. I put two pots on the stove and put one body in each so as the water got hot, so do did the bodies. I believe already having the bodies hot before putting them in the dyed water helps the dye stick to the body better.

    Put the packet in the hot water, stir it a little, put the body in and cover the pot or bucket to retain the heat. Just make sure you thoroughly clean the body of all dirt before hand. I paid around $2.29 at kmart if I recall correctly.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

  6. #46
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    Pretty much, yes thats what you do. I put two pots on the stove and put one body in each so as the water got hot, so do did the bodies. I believe already having the bodies hot before putting them in the dyed water helps the dye stick to the body better.

    Put the packet in the hot water, stir it a little, put the body in and cover the pot or bucket to retain the heat. Just make sure you thoroughly clean the body of all dirt before hand. I paid around $2.29 at kmart if I recall correctly.
    Cool! Thanks for the advice man.

    Updates! Installed Tekno Rears and MIP front CVD axles yesterday.

    Before Tekno Rears:




    Right side done:




    Close up of right side cup:




    Both sides done:




    With wheels on:




    Right side close up:




    Left side close up:




    What the rear looks like with wheelie bar on:




    Front with stock axles:




    Front with MIP CVD axles installed:


    Quick recap on "Blue Bayou's" mods:
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Fronts) - DONE!
    -->Outerwears Shroud - DONE!
    -->DIY Lid lowering - DONE!
    -->T-Bone racing front bumper and Servo Guard - DONE!
    -->Aluminum Bearing Adapter - DONE!
    -->Kingheadz motor mount - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Bearing Carriers - DONE!
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Rear) - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Steering knuckles - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Caster Blocks - DONE!
    -->Rear Teknos - DONE!
    -->Front MIP CVD's - DONE!

    Upcoming mods:
    -->ICE AMPS Blower System from RB Innovations
    -->ESC Fan

    Projects:
    -->Plastidipped Talons in Black - DONE!

    Upcoming projects:
    -->Chassis Dye, Black
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: mege

  7. #47
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    612
    Looking good.

  8. #48
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    Looking good.
    Thanks man!

  9. #49
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,056
    You are doing a sweet job on your pede dude it wont be long before you run out of stuff to do to it but bash hard and fast man.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  10. #50
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    360
    Stampede_Fanatic, please let us know how that ice blower works out if and when you get one. I did consider buying one but there are things about it that I dont like. For example, I wish they made ducts at the bottom or side to direct the air out, I also wish they would have incorporated some sort of fins on the mount to aid in heat dissipation. I went to the only place that sells it that I know of, the manufacturer, and after putting the item in the shopping cart and having the tax and shipping estimated, the total was $52.......No.Thanks.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    You are doing a sweet job on your pede dude it wont be long before you run out of stuff to do to it but bash hard and fast man.....peace
    Thanks man! I want to make it as tough as possible so all I would do from now on is to (Just like you said), bash hard and fast.

    The only replacements I want to do are on things that wear out like tires, or if the lid breaks, etc. I hate replacing axles and A-Arms everytime.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    Stampede_Fanatic, please let us know how that ice blower works out if and when you get one. I did consider buying one but there are things about it that I dont like. For example, I wish they made ducts at the bottom or side to direct the air out, I also wish they would have incorporated some sort of fins on the mount to aid in heat dissipation. I went to the only place that sells it that I know of, the manufacturer, and after putting the item in the shopping cart and having the tax and shipping estimated, the total was $52.......No.Thanks.
    I'll definitely do a review on the ICE AMPS blower when it arrives (Currently on it's way).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    Stampede_Fanatic, please let us know how that ice blower works out if and when you get one. I did consider buying one but there are things about it that I dont like. For example, I wish they made ducts at the bottom or side to direct the air out, I also wish they would have incorporated some sort of fins on the mount to aid in heat dissipation. I went to the only place that sells it that I know of, the manufacturer, and after putting the item in the shopping cart and having the tax and shipping estimated, the total was $52.......No.Thanks.
    Here's my review man:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ampede_fanatic!

    Updates!

    Before. No ESC fan:



    After. With Traxxas ESC Fan installed (Part Num: 3340):



    Quick recap on "Blue Bayou's" mods:
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Fronts) - DONE!
    -->Outerwears Shroud - DONE!
    -->DIY Lid lowering - DONE!
    -->T-Bone racing front bumper and Servo Guard - DONE!
    -->Aluminum Bearing Adapter - DONE!
    -->Kingheadz motor mount - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Bearing Carriers - DONE!
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Rear) - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Steering knuckles - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Caster Blocks - DONE!
    -->Rear Teknos - DONE!
    -->Front MIP CVD's - DONE!
    -->ESC Fan - DONE!

    Upcoming mods:
    -->Motor fan

    Projects:
    -->Plastidipped Talons in Black - DONE!

    Upcoming projects:
    -->Chassis Dye, Black
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: merge

  12. #52
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    395
    I love to see this! Keep doing and posting pic, maybe I will do this as well, I don't know...

  13. #53
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    303
    Once again, very well done. A very nice read.

  14. #54
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    I love to see this! Keep doing and posting pic, maybe I will do this as well, I don't know...
    Upgrades really help man and I'm so glad I did them. I just take it anywhere for bashing now without being worried that something might break.

    Durability wise, all I could say is, it's tough as nails! Did a lot of cartwheeling and flipping without breaking a single thing!


    Quote Originally Posted by dwmoss View Post
    Once again, very well done. A very nice read.
    Thanks man!

    Went bashing...

    Before bashing:





    After bashing:





    My favorite after bashing pic:
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: merge

  15. #55
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,056
    Nice to see it getting a good bashing dude ....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  16. #56
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Nice to see it getting a good bashing dude ....peace
    Thanks! Got to take it to a park near my home to stretch it's legs. The backyard is just too small.

  17. #57
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    16
    Truck is looking good man. How do you like the T-Bones skid plate setup?

  18. #58
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Crew33 View Post
    Truck is looking good man. How do you like the T-Bones skid plate setup?
    The skid plate really takes a good beating whenever I go bashing. So glad that I got it because on rough terrain, a lot of loose rocks hit the servo. The skid plate is pretty scratched up right now and really serves its purpose.

    Updates!

    Before doing "The Bla... (Scroll down to find out!)






    "The Black Chassis" mod!






    Installation of front end:




    Installation of servo, receiver, esc, and motor:




    Complete!



    Pictorial to follow...

    Before Black Chassis Mod:







    After Black Chassis mod:






    More pics:





    Quick recap on "Blue Bayou's" mods:
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Fronts) - DONE!
    -->Outerwears Shroud - DONE!
    -->DIY Lid lowering - DONE!
    -->T-Bone racing front bumper and Servo Guard - DONE!
    -->Aluminum Bearing Adapter - DONE!
    -->Kingheadz motor mount - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Bearing Carriers - DONE!
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Rear) - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Steering knuckles - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Caster Blocks - DONE!
    -->Rear Teknos - DONE!
    -->Front MIP CVD's - DONE!
    -->ESC Fan - DONE!

    Upcoming mods:
    -->Motor fan

    Projects:
    -->Plastidipped Talons in Black - DONE!
    -->Chassis Dye, Black - DONE!

    This happened after bashing:




    Still can see it?? Circled it for ya...




    Shock oil all over the front end:




    Snapped Right RPM A-Arm:



    Any recommendations on aftermarket shocks? Traxxas big bores? Traxxas Big Bore GTR's?

    Let me know guys. Thanks!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: merge

  19. #59
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chattanooga TN
    Posts
    204
    Told ya those shocks needed to be a priority...surprised with the A Arm though. At least those have the lifetime warranty.

  20. #60
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Cglennrichardson View Post
    Told ya those shocks needed to be a priority...surprised with the A Arm though. At least those have the lifetime warranty.
    I have it coming that something like this will happen eventually. I also remembered what you said on your last post in this thread after I broke the shocks. You said on your post that Traxxas Big Bore shocks are good. You just swapped the stampede springs on them. Any more recommendations?

    Btw, are you telling me that RPM will replace the A-Arm for free? If so, how?

    Updates!

    Before Motor Fan:


    After installation of motor fan (My "How-to" here:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...#post5418551):




    Quick recap on "Blue Bayou's" mods:
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Fronts) - DONE!
    -->Outerwears Shroud - DONE!
    -->DIY Lid lowering - DONE!
    -->T-Bone racing front bumper and Servo Guard - DONE!
    -->Aluminum Bearing Adapter - DONE!
    -->Kingheadz motor mount - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Bearing Carriers - DONE!
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Rear) - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Steering knuckles - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Caster Blocks - DONE!
    -->Rear Teknos - DONE!
    -->Front MIP CVD's - DONE!
    -->ESC Fan - DONE!
    -->Motor fan - DONE!

    Upcoming mods:
    -->Aftermarket shocks (See Post #81)

    Projects:
    -->Plastidipped Talons in Black - DONE!
    -->Chassis Dye, Black - DONE![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: merge

  21. #61
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    612
    I have the Big Bores. They feel more sturdy. If I had the money though I would get the HPI D8 shocks. They are sweet.

  22. #62
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    53
    That is a great looking stampede

  23. #63
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chattanooga TN
    Posts
    204
    Love my Big Bores. Watch eBay for them. I got them from a new Slash Platinum for about $34. I just swapped the springs. Haven't even changed the oil yet and the setup is good for me. On the RPM not sure how the warranty works I haven't had to use it yet. Probably something on their website.

  24. #64
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    I have the Big Bores. They feel more sturdy. If I had the money though I would get the HPI D8 shocks. They are sweet.
    Currently looking at Traxxas Big Bore shocks (Part num: TRA5862) on ebay, amazon, etc. HPI D8's are nice, but have a hefty pricetag.



    Quote Originally Posted by yonzariq View Post
    That is a great looking stampede
    Thanks man!



    Quote Originally Posted by Cglennrichardson View Post
    Love my Big Bores. Watch eBay for them. I got them from a new Slash Platinum for about $34. I just swapped the springs. Haven't even changed the oil yet and the setup is good for me. On the RPM not sure how the warranty works I haven't had to use it yet. Probably something on their website.
    Wow! $34 for Traxxas Big Bore shocks are not bad at all. The cheapest I've seen brand new costs $47. I'll also swap my springs since I don't like the progressive springs on the Big Bores.

    I'll check RPM out to see how the lifetime warranty works.

  25. #65
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    612
    One mean looking truck! I have one for your list....custom shell/paint job. :-)

  26. #66
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    One mean looking truck! I have one for your list....custom shell/paint job. :-)
    That I've been looking at since I got my pede. Planning on the Jconcepts F150 raptor. Just waiting for the current body to crack at the mounting posts.

    Anyways, I plan to get wheels and tires first. I'm getting tired of the truck drifting in loose dirt. I need grip.

    Trenchers with RPM revolvers maybe? Trenchers on Rulux wheels? The trencher desperado setup is getting played out. Too many people run them. I want to be unique! LOL!

  27. #67
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    612
    I have the Trenchers. They are really good tyres. As with any tyres/foams IMO seal the holes in the rims. As soon as they get wet they stay a unbalanced mess for the rest of. Crap at very high speeds. Think I may get the mashers or badlands when these finally where out. :-)

  28. #68
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    I have the Trenchers. They are really good tyres. As with any tyres/foams IMO seal the holes in the rims. As soon as they get wet they stay a unbalanced mess for the rest of. Crap at very high speeds. Think I may get the mashers or badlands when these finally where out. :-)
    How are proline mashers and badlands?

    Read reviews on them, but wanted to hear from someone who really used them for a long long time.

  29. #69
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    360
    Nice to see you finished the chassis dye project, it's gives the truck such a new look huh!

    You might want to put some wire mesh on top of that fan. It will prevent some tiny rocks and other road debris from getting caught in there. I'll see if I can find the old picture I posted here a long time ago.

    Heres the one I had posted a while back of the one I did for my Stampede. I used some mesh and shoe goo to hold it but one xan use clear silicone.




    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: merge
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

  30. #70
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    Nice to see you finished the chassis dye project, it's gives the truck such a new look huh!
    Yup! I really love the new look. Makes the pede look like a mini monster truck.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    Heres the one I had posted a while back of the one I did for my Stampede. I used some mesh and shoe goo to hold it but one xan use clear silicone.
    Thanks for that mesh mod man! Will be doing that for my next project.

    That is the reason why I love this forum. Lots of friendly members that give really good tips and advice.

    Kudos to all you guys who have helped me.

    Updates!

    Before Mod:





    After Mod (If you still can't see it, scroll down):






    Installed this (Big Bores Part num: 5862):




    Fixed the wiring as well to help the ESC draw more air in. Went from this:





    To this:




    Quick recap on "Blue Bayou's" mods:
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Fronts) - DONE!
    -->Outerwears Shroud - DONE!
    -->DIY Lid lowering - DONE!
    -->T-Bone racing front bumper and Servo Guard - DONE!
    -->Aluminum Bearing Adapter - DONE!
    -->Kingheadz motor mount - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Bearing Carriers - DONE!
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Rear) - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Steering knuckles - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Caster Blocks - DONE!
    -->Rear Teknos - DONE!
    -->Front MIP CVD's - DONE!
    -->ESC Fan - DONE!
    -->Motor fan - DONE!
    -->Aftermarket shocks - DONE!

    Upcoming mods:
    -->Wire Mesh over ESC
    -->Better wheels and tires

    Projects:
    -->Plastidipped Talons in Black - DONE!
    -->Chassis Dye, Black - DONE!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: merge

  31. #71
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,676
    Much better wire routing! Glad im not the only one who uses plati-dip on my wheels
    Everything overpowered...

  32. #72
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    217
    Wait, plasti-dip isnt a dip? That's weird.
    Someone stole my signature.

  33. #73
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Much better wire routing! Glad im not the only one who uses plati-dip on my wheels
    Yeah, the ESC can draw more air in now... Yes, plastidipping is the cheapest way to change your wheels looks!

    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Wait, plasti-dip isnt a dip? That's weird.
    This is plastidip. It comes in a can, and it's not a dip.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: merge

  34. #74
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,676
    You can also get them in BLAZE colors (Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue, Purple, Pink)
    And the Regular Black, White, Red, Clear
    Everything overpowered...

  35. #75
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    81
    Got the Ice Amps Blower. Thanks!
    Don't try this at home!

  36. #76
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portage, Michigan
    Posts
    45
    Your Stampede is SWEET!!

  37. #77
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    You can also get them in BLAZE colors (Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue, Purple, Pink)
    And the Regular Black, White, Red, Clear
    Yup! Your right on that. Wanna do orange next time or something...


    Quote Originally Posted by RobbVII View Post
    Got the Ice Amps Blower. Thanks!
    Cool! Your so lucky you get to use it.


    Quote Originally Posted by GoJonnypede View Post
    Your Stampede is SWEET!!
    Thanks man!

    Updates!

    These came in today:





    Yeah! Opened them up and installed them right away....




    Installed:







    Bonus item:


    Quick recap on "Blue Bayou's" mods:
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Fronts) - DONE!
    -->Outerwears Shroud - DONE!
    -->DIY Lid lowering - DONE!
    -->T-Bone racing front bumper and Servo Guard - DONE!
    -->Aluminum Bearing Adapter - DONE!
    -->Kingheadz motor mount - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Bearing Carriers - DONE!
    -->Blue RPM A-Arms (Rear) - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Steering knuckles - DONE!
    -->Blue Aluminum Caster Blocks - DONE!
    -->Rear Teknos - DONE!
    -->Front MIP CVD's - DONE!
    -->ESC Fan - DONE!
    -->Motor fan - DONE!
    -->Aftermarket shocks - DONE!
    -->Better wheels and tires- DONE!

    Upcoming mods:
    -->Wire Mesh over ESC
    -->Sway Bars
    -->Aluminum hexes

    Projects:
    -->Plastidipped Talons in Black - DONE!
    -->Chassis Dye, Black - DONE!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: merge

  38. #78
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    360
    Sweet, should be ordering a set for my slash soon.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

  39. #79
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,056
    Nice dude its looking awesome are you going bashing this weekend???.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  40. #80
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    217
    That's quite a "bonus item". Can't wait to see what breaks. Stripped hex maybe?
    Someone stole my signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •